August Charity Get Together: 8/15-8/20

busy-bee-lmt

:cheer     Congrats to Darski, Busy-Bee-Lmt and Pineknott. Great accomplishments already!  :cheer

I managed to get one more mini Christmas stocking finished last night. I've got several outdoor jobs I need to get done today so I will check in later and hopefully start another sock this afternoon or evening.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't seem to be making much headway, but I am getting lots of frogging experience. I've been mostly playing with the new bulky yarn. I crocheted up the second skein of blue/white, but even lacier, it still came out a bit small. So it looks like it will take about 1.5 skeins for a baby blanket. The problem with the blue is I only have two, and really don't want leftovers that I could never use, so I decided to go on an make a larger round ripple using all of the blue. Which meant I had to frog the whole skeins worth I did Thu night and Fri. Sigh. 

So all I have so far to count is about three rows on a WIP. I will be able to finish that before the end of the CAL. It's too large to bring to work, so I brought other yarn to make a start on another from the Caron One Pound. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the pattern, but it's simple and I think I can reconstruct it. If not, I'll just use the old standby larks foot stitch - I think that's what it's called.

Oh, Donna!  You've got company at the frog pond.  I had to go back to the starting chain on a brown WIP prayer shawl I had started.  I'm not quite back to the point where I started frogging it, but it's looking much better at the new slimmer size.  I did finish the gray & black variegated prayer shawl last night before going to bed.  I also wrote down the directions for the border on the brown yarn with metallic copper thread shawl this morning before going to work.  Work was busy so haven't done a lot of crocheting so far today, but I have the next 3 days off, so should have time to do more before we close down.  Have a good rest of the day!   :manyheart    :cheer    :cheer    :cheer    :manyheart

Well, at least we're getting our money's worth out the yarn. Crochet it, crochet it again ... Have fun on your days off. I have my super long shift on Sunday - noon to 11 pm, but then I'm off Monday and Tuesday. I hope the hook will fly then. Now, if I could find a helpful brownie to come in a wash up all the dishes and clean the bird cage for me, life would be truly good!

A pixie to do all the dishes and take out the trash would be nice too.  Hope you all have a great Sunday!  Will get  the hook going this afternoon.   :yes    :cheer    :cheer    :cheer

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Afternoon¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸    

Okay.... 6 charity squares done.... :whew

and 2 chemo caps and 2 ear-warmers!   :hook

Back to work!  :U

:heart

:mug

I ended up doing nothing at work last night, but played with the new pattern when I got home. However, I brought a different WIP into work today. It's a solid pink, and here at the desk with overkill fluorescent lighting, it is EXCESSIVELY pink. Before I came in I worked on the nearly finished WIP. I only have about half a round and the edging to do, so I'll easily polish off that one. Pics on Wednesday.

Sounds like lots of things are getting accomplished in the CAL this month. I finished up 3 stockings yesterday so I have a total of 5 completed. Here are some pics to share. Happy hooking to everyone! :hook

9540806538_98ba680ee3.jpg

9538012225_ebbbab8b9d.jpg

Sounds like lots of things are getting accomplished in the CAL this month. I finished up 3 stockings yesterday so I have a total of 5 completed. Here are some pics to share. Happy hooking to everyone! :hook

9540806538_98ba680ee3.jpg

9538012225_ebbbab8b9d.jpg

Love these.  Everyone seems to be moving along this month.  I have 7 hats and the yarn screaming to make more :rofl

:cheer    :cheer    :cheer   WooHoo!!! You are all doing GREAT!!!   :cheer    :cheer    :cheer  Cindy, the Christmas stockings are simply adorable.

I turned an extra 10" granny square from the baby blanket into an 19" preemie afghan yesterday.  Just have half a dozen tails to hide and it will be complete.  Center is 5 rows of burnt orange, then 4 rows of peach, a row of forest green, 2 rows of burnt orange, 2 rows of medium lemon yellow, and 2 rows of the forest green.  The last row is (a sc, ch 3, skip one stitch and sc in the next stictch) all the way around and looks great.

Way to go, Darski.  

Remember to post your totals in nice Big Colorful letters to make it easier for me to compile our overall totals.  I hope to finish the brown prayer shawl and the two remaining 12" squares today.  Maybe even get the baby blanket assembled.   :xfin   I've already run the only errand on my list today, so there is hope.

Wow, this place was hopping this month.  I got new foster kittens last Sunday and oof, they have taken up all of my time.  Our agency picked them up off  the E list of another agency.  I got the call to go directly there and get them.  They told us they were 5 weeks old.  They were actually closer to 4 weeks.  Barely.  I have had one that has been sick and I have to feed her twice a day by hand.  I have taken her 3 times to get sub Q fluids.  She is so adorable, but the sweetie has got to figure out how to eat and drink from a bowl!!  Maybe I can get a picture of her up tonight.

Donna, what kind of job do you have that you can crochet at work and do they have any openings??

I did manage to get some fleece cut, so I made:

12 kennel blankets

Ladies -- You are all doing amazing things. I too would love a job where I could crochet. Talk about a dream job. I'm going to go ahead and post my numbers as I'm only going to accomplish a few more rounds on a wrap shawl wip.

6 mini Christmas stockings and 1 hat

It looks like everyone has accomplished a lot. And Darksi - 10 hats?! Way to go!

I'm the night and weekend supervisor in a medical library. At those times, it's generally just med and allied health students holed up in study rooms or residents on call iwho come in to use the computers. The need us for very little, and there is very little actual work of any description - for me maybe 30 - 45 minutes most nights, though occasionally I'm given other projects and have some things I have to do at the end of the month with statistics, interlibrary loan billing and such. We can go a hours at a time at the circulation desk doing nothing more than checking a few study room keys, reserve books, and computer/tv cable connections in and out, commiserating about the staplers that never seem to work very well, and refilling the candy jar on the counter. A lot of the time we are there mostly to keep the doors open, I think. It's especially dead from around 8 to closing at 11. It has its occasional moments, but mostly it's a dream job. 

My tally:

One lapghan completed

One lapghan - continuing progress

In the photo, the solid color looks orangy coral on my monitor but it is actually pink. Very, very pink. 

post-39480-0-71255000-1377122147_thumb.jpg

post-39480-0-59906800-1377122161_thumb.jpg

It looks like everyone has accomplished a lot. And Darksi - 10 hats?! Way to go!

I'm the night and weekend supervisor in a medical library. At those times, it's generally just med and allied health students holed up in study rooms or residents on call iwho come in to use the computers. The need us for very little, and there is very little actual work of any description - for me maybe 30 - 45 minutes most nights, though occasionally I'm given other projects and have some things I have to do at the end of the month with statistics, interlibrary loan billing and such. We can go a hours at a time at the circulation desk doing nothing more than checking a few study room keys, reserve books, and computer/tv cable connections in and out, commiserating about the staplers that never seem to work very well, and refilling the candy jar on the counter. A lot of the time we are there mostly to keep the doors open, I think. It's especially dead from around 8 to closing at 11. It has its occasional moments, but mostly it's a dream job. 

My tally:

One lapghan completed

One lapghan - continuing progress

In the photo, the solid color looks orangy coral on my monitor but it is actually pink. Very, very pink. 

those ghans are really nice,can you tell me the name of the solid color one,looks like something I'd be able to do

Wow!!   :clap     :clap    :clap  You have all accomplished a lot.  I'll post the totals on Sunday to be sure that everyone has time to do their input, although it looks like most of you have already got them in.

I did:

Four 12" granny squares 

One preemie afghan

Assembled a baby blanket afghan (I just need to add the border & have to get more yarn for that.)

Two prayer shawls

Hope to see you all next month.

Archived