Caribbean Blues afghan

Afghaniac

Using up some blue worsted in my stash, I made this for Project Linus from the free Fluffy Meringue Blanket pattern on the Caron website (via ravelry.com). The pattern has a diagram that came in handy when I stumbled over part of the text directions. Would have planned the way I used the colors a little differently had I not been trying to use up stash, but the overall effect reminds me of the beautiful blue waters of the Caribbean. I might try it again someday and crochet "whitecaps" on each of the blue "wave" rounds. The texture is so rich that it might even look nice in some deep "grownup" casbah-like colors.

post-1473-0-89249900-1375906670_thumb.jpg

post-1473-0-18498600-1375906707_thumb.jpg

post-1473-0-91558500-1375906733_thumb.jpg

Oh, I love this pattern, too, and have it on my list to do. I hadn't thought about making it in variations of color, but I so love how yours came out!

I like it much better with your colors than in the solid color in the pattern illustration. Your version shows up the texture so beautifully. It's gorgeous. Moreover, I can only bow down in awe before anyone who would voluntarily make that many picot stitches. I think someone would have to be holding something very dear to me hostage before I would undertake it, and that's too bad because they add such a delicate, refined look to the piece. Congrats on a lovely piece.

I like it much better with your colors than in the solid color in the pattern illustration. Your version shows up the texture so beautifully. It's gorgeous. Moreover, I can only bow down in awe before anyone who would voluntarily make that many picot stitches. I think someone would have to be holding something very dear to me hostage before I would undertake it, and that's too bad because they add such a delicate, refined look to the piece. Congrats on a lovely piece.

Thank you! I guess I'm kind of weird, because I don't mind doing picots -- and I enjoy motif crochet. Two things are above my pay level though: bullion stitch and fine thread.

Oh, I love this pattern, too, and have it on my list to do. I hadn't thought about making it in variations of color, but I so love how yours came out!

Thank you! There are some other nice color combos on Ravelry. I like the one in shades of pink and white.

Your afghan is absolutely gorgeous.  Blue (any shade) is my favorite color so I just love the blues in your afghan.  While looking at your afghan I can picture myself walking/sitting on a beach and looking out at the ocean and all of its glorious blues.  Thanks for sharing.

Very pretty Kay. I love the colors as they remind me of the changing, clear waters of Lake Tahoe.

• 3 weeks later...

Kay...I've just got to face it...I like just about everything you create... :P

Since you said the bullion stitch is above your pay grade (LOL) see if this helps    

i use it all the time, works wonders.  Much hugs and admiration for your projects!!!!

Kay...I've just got to face it...I like just about everything you create... :P

Since you said the bullion stitch is above your pay grade (LOL) see if this helps    

i use it all the time, works wonders.  Much hugs and admiration for your projects!!!!

Thank you. What a nice thing to say!

A straw. Who'd a thought! I'm definitely give that a try. I wonder at how resourceful people are. And thanks for that video, too.

Hi,

Your blanket is gorgeous and I've just spent about two hours trying to find the pattern through Ravelry and Caron.com without any luck.  Could you help by directing me or showing a link.  I'd like to make a few to distribute at our Rotary Club's Coat a Kid project.

Thanks

Kat

Archived