August 2013 Table Gone with the Wind

Tampa Doll

August was the month of my Mom's Birthday and she loved Gone with the Wind.

I was just saying this morning that she had taken me and my little sister to the Shubert Theatre in Philadelphia to see it.  This theatre was one of those theatres that had a big curtin over the screen and the theatre itself had balconys and gold and red was every where.  Plush seats and a stage.  it was always a big deal to go there.

So with that in mind, I dedicate this month's table to my Mom and all those that love Gone with The Wind.

Oh and the newest member of the table is Ashley in his Confiderate uniform.  I am looking for a sword to complete the outfit.

You can see Rhett, Scarlett, Melanie, Ashley, Belle, Mammy in her red petticoat, Prissy and of course Bonnie Blue.  On the side are our Southern Bells with their horses and in the back, are the Southern Bells in their party frocks.

Enjoy the table and lets dig out the popcorn and movie.

Gift picture  More Gifs

post-105-0-53882800-1375713940_thumb.jpg

Oh MaryJo, you have so much patience to make these beautiful dolls! They are just gorgeous! (i just wish your slide show was slower, lol)

I love the C'ville bag, too, so cute!

I have not shown a table for a while and I finished Ashley, so I figured it was time.  I do love putting these together.

Thank you all for the compliments. 

I had fun working on this one.  It still makes me very warm thinking about wearing all those cloths in August in the South.

• 2 weeks later...

You just continue to amaze me!  I would love to one day tour your house :lol  I would spend hours just admiring everything.  Those dolls you have are wonderful.  I cannot imagine having your patience with such small detail.  Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful :clap

• 2 weeks later...

wow--just beautiful...I loved that movie although I was in my teens the first time I saw it-- at a movie theater. You see a friend of my family's worked running movies at the time and he invited mom and I to go.

Fast forward about 44 years----This year that "friend" and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary!!!

wow, absolutely love the movie. It's one of my favs, and absolutely love your eye for detail!! Love Scarlet, and my next favorite, would be, Mammie.......she is precious!! I have a friend that has her kitchen decorated with mammy things or maybe AUnt Jemima, they look a lot alike, lol , she would probably swoon if she saw your work!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived