Here is a wash mitt I crocheted from recycled t-shirts cut very thin. Here is the free pattern for the crocodile t-shirt yarn wash mitt.  You could use the same pattern with regular cotton yarn but just make sure the width of the mitt is wide enough. Add another crocodile stitch shell if needed for a wider mitt.

9053921474_e2736db282.jpg

Now is that ever clever!  What a great idea for recycling t shirts also.  Not to hijack your post but can you make blankets and other things with t shirts?  or would larger items be to heavy and hard to clean?

Now is that ever clever!  What a great idea for recycling t shirts also.  Not to hijack your post but can you make blankets and other things with t shirts?  or would larger items be to heavy and hard to clean?

The items are pretty stiff and heavy. I have made potholders, trivets, oven mitts, and baby bibs. You can see all my free crochet patterns for t-shirt yarn here. I do think a blanket would be too heavy to make with t-shirt yarn but there are many other things that turn out great using the recycled material. Thanks for the kind comment and I hope you will try using t-shirt yarn for a project.

Archived