A crocheted chair (not just a chair cover)

A friend told me about seeing this at the High Museum in Atlanta. I need to get downtown to see it -- to say nothing of the Dutch masters exhibit with The Girl with a Pearl Earring. Apparently, it's stiffened with so one can sit in it (though not museum visitors!)

I think it's so cool how the artist combined traditional lace crochet with a modern chair shape.

http://www.high.org/Art/Exhibitions/Bangles-to-Benches.aspx

• 2 months later...

OMGoodness, that's just AMAZING!  I love it!  I wonder how long it took to crochet it, and what they used as a base to lay the crochet over to coat it with the epoxy resin to harden it?  I would just LOVE to have something like that!  

We did go to the museum and saw this. Even though I knew cameras were on, I couldn't resist a quick touch. That's an ineresting question, but sorry to say, I can't remember what the technique was exactly or whether it was even noted on the sign. It really is special to see in person.

OMGoodness, that's just AMAZING!  I love it!  I wonder how long it took to crochet it, and what they used as a base to lay the crochet over to coat it with the epoxy resin to harden it?  I would just LOVE to have something like that!  

Archived