Tampa Doll

C’ville August 2013 Tote

When I think of August I think of trips to Barnegat Light on Long Beach Island in New Jersey.  The beach was split by the lighthouse.  One side was for fishing and the other was for swimming.  When my Dad had a day off, which was usually Wed and Thurs., we would get up early and head to LBI.  Many hours were spent playing on the beach and swimming in the Atlantic. 

Mom would pack a lunch and a cooler full of water and tea. On the way, was a stop at the store to get ice and bait. 

Sometimes I would go over and fish with my Dad.

This is the month for Jersey Corn, Peaches, Blueberries and Blackberries.  Let’s not forget the Georgia Peaches either.

This tote is quite bright, but another thing I think of when I think of August is HEAT and HUMIDITY. The sun always seems brighter and hotter this month.

The tote is P & C Yellow with the sides, handles and outline made from S & C Playtime.  Now the pocket is peach with black writing.

So get your sunglasses out and let me know how you like tote #89 August Sunshine.

More pictures

post-105-0-16406500-1375022369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 3

Ah August...

To me meant time with my Mom. As school was on Summer break, my Mom would have time off work to do things with us. Because, growing up, my Mom was a single parent who worked full time, she wasn't always off work on school breaks. I always looked forward to August because I missed my Mom not being able to be around every holiday. Thinking forward... soon that will be me when my girls start school etc. :)

Gorgeous tote Mary Jo! :hug

I love those colors. I am reminded of sherbet. When I was growing up the end of summer usually signaled hurried vacations to visit out of state relatives. We also would have trips to the lake for a day of fishing and picnicking.

Love it!! It kind of reminds me of sherbet--which is oh, so refreshing on hot/humid days here in NJ!!!!

This is exactly what I thought of why I saw this.   Makes me want some sherbet right now.  :P

I'm so distracted by bright shiny things...LOL! It's a beautiful tote....

Hubby and I would drive down to LBI from our house here in Monmouth County just for day trips, though I'm not sure how Barnegat Lighthouse did after Sandy hit last year. :(

What a gorgeous tote!!!  Yes, it does make you think of sherbet.  Lemon sherbet for me, please.  I can't believe its August already.  Okay, almost August.  Growing up in Louisville, KY August was the hottest and stickest month of the year.  I grew up in the 50s and 60s in an older section of Louisville where very few people had air conditioning.  One of my favorite places during those hot days was our local branch of the library.  Oh it was so cool in that building especially in the basement.  Of course you could always go swimming or get out the hose and spray each other.  Getting the hose out was a rare treat though.

Can't wait for the clues.  

Very bright and pretty,now to wait for the clues so we can congratulate the newest member of the club! :)

Love it and it matches the center in your rug in your kitchen   sun bursty

Edited by TallGirl

Thank you all.  I did not think of sherbert when I was making this.  I thought of hot summer days, just before going back to school.

Now you have all made me want sherbert, but my favorite was orange.

I heard LBI made out ok during Sandy, but the Coast Guard Station was flooded.

Ah yes the hose.  We had a 6 foot flag pole in our yard, that my Dad use to attach the hose to the top with a spray nozzel and we would run under it in the alley.  Our house was popular.

I am either packing it up today or tomorrow so you should see clues in a couple of days.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Love all the colors in it.

Growing up in California, we still had another month before we headed back to school.

But I do remember getting out the hose and watering down the inside of the garage and slipping and sliding in there for fun.  LOL

Wow time for the August tote already????????

Not sure if I really want to give up my reign as current bag lady but I guess all good things must end... :P   

It sure is a beauty but I sure know NONE will ever have as much meaning as the one that sits by my side. :c9  :c9 Pretty colors and yes sherbet does come to mind. Not alot of August memeories for me ...just was always the month before school started when I was young, now school starts here in a little more than a week..and my "baby" will be a high school junior. :reyes 

Can't wait for the clues as always :P 

It's a cutie beauty for sure ~ like popcicle colors or frozen yogurt.

When we were kids, August in Central NY was always very, very hot. We lived next to a lake, so the entire neighborhood of children spent a lot of time swimming and playing in the water. We loved it! Our fathers would fix and blow up old inner tubes from tires for us to float in ~ that was special.

I'm so glad I remembered it's that time again before it was too late :clap:yay

Yet another gorgeous tote Mary Jo :manyheart

I can't wait for the clues to come!!! :bounce