You know you crochet too much when...

PBLKNP

I just saw something in the paper with the initials "SS" and I swear to God my mind jumped right to Caron Simply Soft! Turns out, they were talking about Social Security...

Does your brain ever process things by immediately jumping to yarn-related things?

It depends on where I'm at! It's funny you mention SS, because when I'm at work, SS is definitely Social Security (I work for a representation firm) but when I'm doing something crochet-related, SS is definitely Simply Soft :)

Not for yarn, but once while I was writing my dissertation on science fiction, nearly a hundred years ago now it seems, I glanced at a title in the newspaper, something like "Aliens Affecting Economy." My immediate thought was "That's the most bizzarre headline I've ever seen!" It took me a moment to realize they probably mean across the border "aliens", not across the galaxy ones.

Eyes and brains can have curious disconnects.

SS would be super saver for me too.

Crochet too much?

When I see ss I think slip stitch, although I usually write it slst.

Donna ~ I know what you mean about aliens. In the past, because I thought of aliens in terms of "from outer space," when I saw headlines about illegal aliens, I thought "What? There's legal ones?"

Archived