katyallen8090

FRIENDSHIP GRANNY SQUARE afghan, thanks to all that helped!

Time at last to get this ghan out and give it a place of honor on the bottom of my bed, to pull up and over if need be in this cold snap we're having!!!!!!!!

Edited by katyallen8090

Such a fabulous ghan!!  I love granny squares...I think I'll head over and look into the group!!   ;)

• Like 1

That is just beautiful.  You may find it is warmer than any afghan you ever made, because all your friends contributed to it.

• Like 1

Tis the truth, I find more and more of the time I turn off the heating blanket, as the afghan is just enough over the top of my comforter, and I stay toastee!!! I think of all of you,everytime I see it, and use it on these cold winter nights!

I love the colors in your blanket. I looks great. That is the first thing I ever made at the age of 9 years old. I love granny squ.

• Like 1

You sure made a beautiful afghans. I like to make the pattern. :clap  :)  Which pattern did you use?

• Like 1

no real pattern, just arranged them as I saw fit, feel free to make one of your own, and have fun placing all the different colors.... see my link below to the thread where the people that helped by making a square or two, and I meet regularly and still offer our help to those needing squares! link is below friendship/comfort ghans...thanks again.

I love it, rainbow blankets are beautiful!!

• Like 1

I am sorry that I didn't get to help. But  the afghan is beautiful. :)

• Like 1

this thread popped up, and I was surprised, as I just the other day, have folded it, and put it away for the spring and summer, good as new, and will get it out again, come fall and winter!! :ghug

we're working now, we're doing birthday squares for our members and will soon be up to June birthdays!!! check the first post of the thread nikki, and scroll down, to see whose birthdays we are making some squares for now!! the girls not collecting, we send a card, and or a little giftee, maybe something we have made, or picked up, and wish them a happy birthday, they both still send out to all of us, so they do a lot for us, even though they are not collecting at the moment... You should ask to see, some of their ghans they made with squares from all of us, Iknow there are several that hve completed one or more actually, with this thread!! If you want your name on the list, to receive some for your birthday, lemme know, ha ha, I already know your birthday, and you will have time to get in if you want in!!!

That's absolutely gorgeous! Glad I got a chance to see it. I always enjoy checking out collaborations like this.

• Like 1

thanks all, i l ove it, cause it was made by many hands of friends!! thats the best part of it and the granny square thread too!!!