FRIENDSHIP GRANNY SQUARE afghan, thanks to all that helped!

katyallen815

Hi all,

well, as promised, here it is!! The friendship ghan that friends from the granny square cal contributed and created, with all thier talent and love!! All i did was put it together, and trim it!!!

I was able to use all but probably four or five squares I received, I thought about making another row, but stopped, and I thought this would be fine for a cover over the comforter, on those cold winter nights!! And it was getting pretty heavy and hard to handle, lol but I used some from EVERYONE that contributed, and will hold over those extra, for another endeavor!

ok  without further ado, again, many thanks to those that contributed, here she be, her name, is

Rainbow Brightest!! And, she is mine to have and to warm with from this day forward!!!!!!!

thank you all friends, I feel so honored!!!!! I will truly think of all of you, whenever i see, or use this lovely ghan!!

post-40621-0-51319800-1374619749_thumb.jpg           

post-40621-0-37509000-1374619793_thumb.jpg            post-40621-0-85365500-1374619813_thumb.jpg

I tried to get a couple different angles, so you all could find some of your squares in it!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only it's so pretty and joyfull, but also it's so precious! It will bring thoughts of so many friends who contributed! I really love the idea of friendship ghans!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I've never heard of doing an afghan this way. Do you choose your colors or just depend on fate? 

Hi, Nana519!  I hope Katie doesn't mind my stepping in.  When you join the group, you specify your color(s), size(s), and yarn preferences.  There's a list on the first page where Katie has put all our names with our requests.  Then you start sending squares and receiving them.  It's a wonderful group.  Here's a link to the group.  We are a chatty bunch, and you never know what will be the topic of the day, lol.  Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived