kidge

2013 KIT & KABOODLE 2013 - *** SIGNS UP OPEN ***

2013 Kit and Kaboodle Swap

:cheer:cheerAug. 1 -Sept. 15, 2013 :cheer:cheer

It's back!!!! All the crochet goodness that can fit in a bag/box or tote -- the C'ville Kit Swap!! Sm Afghans, Tote Bags, Placemats, Rugs, Curtains, Dolls, Shawls or Doilies … want to create a memory but don’t want to brave the stores or plan the details let someone else do the hard part and just enjoy some craft time….

General Swap Requirements: Each swapper is required to send one crochet project kit, which includes all of the supplies needed to complete a small to medium size project (pattern, hooks, yarn, supplies/notions), plus a nifty carryall (tote bag, storage container), whatever cool ideas you come up with) to carry it in. $25.00 minimum not including postage

This is an exchange where getting to know your partner is very important!! The biggest part of having a fun exchange for both people involved is good communication. Email your partner at least once a week. Read their survey and ask questions. Put together a kit personalized just for them. Don't buy your kit supplies until after you have a partner assignment and know a bit about who you are sending to!

Swap Dates: This swap starts 1 AUGUST 2013and ends 15 SEPTEMBER 2013. All packages must be received by the ending date, so the mailing deadline for this exchange is 8 SEPTEMBER 2013. All packages MUST be in the mail by 8 SEPTEMBER 2013 (mailing deadline).

Remember: Crochetville admin limits Villagers to two swaps at one time. If you are already signed up for two swaps, one must be completed before the Resolution Swap starts for you to be eligible to swap. See the Swap Guidelines. A swap will count as completed if you have mailed your final package and delivery confirmation information shows your package has been received OR your swap partner has posted a thank-you in the swap thread.

Please Note 2013General Swap Guidelines:

All swappers must read the 2013 guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and RAOKs. These guidelines apply to ALL swaps at Crochetville. Be sure you understand the guidelines and can follow them before signing up for this swap.

This swap may contain additional guidelines and requirements as stated below.

Contacting Your Swap Hostess

I prefer to be contacted via PM/Private Message and or email for all matters related to this swap. To send a PM, just click my username and select the option to Send Private Message. Please send emails to kidge AT ymail dot com. Please be sure to enter Kit Swap 2013 in the subject line of your message.

Items to Be Exchanged:
Each swapper will send to their partner a package containing a package worth a minimum of $25 (excluding shipping) designed to meet your partners preferences as listed in the survey. This will be different for each person but should be personalized

Other goodies (like tea, coffee, candy, thread, etc) are optional. Just remember if you send more than the minimum requirements, your partner might not.

Important Dates:

• Sign-ups begin July 18, 2013

• Partner will be assigned to you by August 1, 2013

• The postmark-by deadline is September 8, 2013

How to Sign Up for the The Whole Kit and Kaboodle Swap:

1. Please submit a survey if you want to participate in this exchange. (See the second post in this thread for survey information.) Submit the survey via the method listed above for contacting your Swap Hostess. Include the swap name and your username in the subject of the email. I will send you a confirmation email when I receive your survey, and your name will be added to the list of exchangers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until July 30, 2013.

2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for full name, Crochetville user name, mailing address, and email address), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences.

3. Swap partner assignments will be e-mailed to you by August 1, 2013.

4. Within one week of receiving your swap partner assignment, post in the swap thread to say you have received your partner. To make swap management easier, you should also contact your Swap Hostess to let her know you've received your partner.

5. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap board. Please contact the Swap Hostess privately.

6. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your swap partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.

Sending in a survey means that you have read the rules for this swap as well as the 2012 guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and agree to them.

* Information for All Crochetville Swaps *

While you are required to read and understand the entire 2012 guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps in order to participate in a swap, the following major points are reminders.

* Eligibility: To participate in any Crochetville swap, you must be at least 18 years old and have achieved Villager membership level. For complete details, see Who is eligible to participate in a swap?

* Swap Limit: You may participate in a maximum of two swaps at one time at Crochetville. For complete details, see How many swaps may I join at one time?

* Any Swap Problems? Contact your Swap Hostess as soon as possible. For complete details, see Swap Problems.

* To Avoid Receiving Negative Points and/or Revocation of Swap Privileges:
For complete details about negative points, see What actions could cause me to receive negative points?
For complete details about revocation of swap privileges, see What actions could cause me to have my swap privileges revoked?

• The items you send must meet at least the minimum requirements of the swap.
  • Within one week of receiving your partner assignment/survey from your Swap Hostess, post in the swap thread saying that you have received your partner.
  • Mail your swap package by the POSTMARK-BY deadline given in your swap.
  • When mailing your swap package, get a delivery confirmation (DC) number or other proof of mailing AND, within one week of mailing, send your DC or other proof of mailing to your Swap Hostess. If you are unable to obtain proof of mailing, still contact your Swap Hostess to say you have mailed but could not get proof of mailing.
  • Within one week of receiving your swap package from your swap partner, post a thank you to your partner in the swap thread.
  • You are expected to respond promptly to swap-related messages (PM/Private Message or email) from your Swap Hostess or Crochetville Administrators.

* Privacy Information: Your privacy is always very important to us at Crochetville. The information you submit for a swap is never used nor shared for any purpose other than the swap you are joining. The information you provide to your Swap Hostess on your swap survey is provided to your assigned swap partner(s). This information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator and Crochetville Administrators (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. If necessary, and with your prior permission, survey information may also be provided to a Swap Angel sending an Angel Package (that is, a Crochetville member sending a replacement for a swap package not received). Your personal contact information (name, email address, mailing address) may also be used to obtain any specific items you have requested (gift certificate, digital pattern through Ravelry, etc.).

Swappers

Idagammy

Kidge

Nicolep

Edited by kidge

SWAP SURVEY: signups open until 5 p.m. EST July 30th 2013

Please read the entire swap description and rules before submitting a survey.

Email your surveys to kidge AT ymail DOT com. You will receive a confirmation email that your survey has been received. All swappers will be listed on the first post as well.

1. What is your full name (for mailing purposes only),

2. C'ville nickname??

3. Email address for swap information?

4. What is your mailing address??

5. Do you have any allergies?? (Smoke, certain scents, food items, cats/dogs, wool, etc)??

6. Do you, or anyone in your household, smoke??

7. Do you have cats/dogs, or other pets?

8. Can you exchange with a smoker??

9. What are your favorite colors?? Are there any colors you don't like??

10. What sort of project(s) do you enjoy crocheting? Are there any types of projects that you don't like to make?? (Please be specific pairing will be based on this also to the best of my ability ....).

11. What sort of yarn do you like to work with when making your favorite sort of project(s)?? (examples: acrylic, natural fiber, worsted weight, lighter weights, thread, etc)

12. Is there any sort of yarn that you don't wish to receive??

13. What other crafts besides crochet do you enjoy, if any??

14. What type of hooks do you like? (boye, bates, bamboo, etc)

15. Can you send to an international partner??

16. Have you participated in a swap at C'ville before?? Which ones?

17. Are you currently already signed up for two exchanges??

18. What extra goodies do you enjoy? (tea, coffee, cocoa, etc -- these aren't required items for this swap, but this info is useful if your partner wishes to send some extras).

19. Have you read all of the swap rules, both for this specific swap and the general swap guidelines?? And do you agree to follow these rules??

20. Anything else you want your partner to know????

21. Anything you want the exchange coordinator to know?? (This information is removed before survey information is sent to your partner. It's kept private and confidential).

I'm totally down!!!  I'll get a survey to you soon, kidge.

Edited by nicolep
  • Like 1

Today is the last day to sign up.... Looks like we may be doing a Round Robin Ladies !!

Kit swap! 

Kit swap!

Kit swap!

Kit swap!

Kit swap!

:cheer

Edited by nicolep

Ok I think it is coming together... I found my kaboodle and settled on a pattern!!

Wow, kidge!  You're all over it.  I need to do some more investigating, buy I think I have a plan of attack.

tonight we are going to Hobby Lobby too.. so I am sure I can find a dodad or two :0 :clap

Swappers and those unable to join us this time... TIME FOR A GAME!!

KIT AND KABOODLE SWAP- How many unique words can you create!

Twist - this will not be only about how many you create but also how many you came up with that no one else did!!

Winner will receive a small kit and kaboodle from me :)

Please Private Message me your entry!

Edited by kidge

WOO HOO! Got my yarn, hook & patterns- that is correct, I said patterns from my partner. I'll post more later, just wanted to say thank you Nicole. I am happy, happy, happy!

• Like 1

I'm glad you're happy with what you received so far.  You still have another package coming!  The tote and extras should go out soon.  :)