July Summer Charity CAL: 7/18-7/23

I finished the first use-up-the-one-pounders project today before coming to work, at least all except for a few ends to weave in that I'll do tonight, or definitely some time before this ends, since I'm off Mon-Tue. It's from my favorite round ripple pattern, almost the only one I use. Usually I modify it, so it center doesn't have the flower points, making it more of a medallion center, but with the sunflower colors, I used the full flower center. I like that it has a few extra points, so they don't end up quite so deeply indented. I also like her 20 point round ripple pattern, though I don't make it as often.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/foxs-daisy-round-ripple-14-points

I worked on a blue one a bit yesterday while I was waiting at the Honda dealership for a safety recall repair, but then I got home, I looked at the taupe. I think I can get by with taupe, lace (though it's a bit yellowish in natural like, ok in indoor light), and off white. That is going to be so disagreeable to me to work, I'm going to start that and get it over with, though after a while I may start alternating it with something more appealing. I'll use the same round ripple pattern with the modified center.

Here's the finished one:

attachicon.gifSunflower RR.jpg

I love your round ripple. You are going to laugh but I'm using a Taupe pounder right now in my wavy ripple lapghan. My dh actually chose it as he said it's a guy color. And since my lapghan is for the VA, I figure a guy will like it. I added a few stripes of rusty brown yarn for contrast. I've also used taupe in round ripples and it looks nice to me. I've just added other colors to spruce it up a bit.

Anyway love the round ripple you've gotten done and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in your next RR with the taupe. :)

Cindy, I've done enough on the taupe ripple to conclude that it is going to look fine. I think a lot of my problem stems from the fact that I just don't appreciate brown. I buy and use it but without much enthusiasm, and if all the manufacturers suddenly stopped making brown shades, I wouldn't miss them at all. Also I'm a real color junkie, so even though neutral afghans can be beautiful and really classy when finished, I find them dull as dishwater to make and almost never do it.

I donate these to hospice, and try to be mindful that I should do some that might appeal more to men as well. I agree that these colors are neutral enough for men. 

I wove in the ends on the sunflower ripple this morning before work so that is well and truly finished, and all the ones on the taupe ripple, as far as it has gone. 

attachicon.gifSunflower RR.jpg

Beautiful!

I finally finished my granny square afghan, it's not pretty, but hopefully it will keep someone warm this winter. This will probably be all that I am able to finish in the next few days (got to get started on some stuff for work.)

1 Afghan

I think your granny ghan is very pretty. I like all the colors. It will be great for a guy as it's not too frilly as my dh pointed out. Congrats on getting your ghan done, I'm still struggling away on mine. This heat is really making it hard to work on it. I tried working on my lapghan last night when it was cooler but I got so tired that I had to go to bed. I'm working on it again this morning, trying to get to the last section where I need to add the stripes. Here is a picture I took of my progress.

9337861730_25a41c634b_n.jpg

I'll be without internet access Mon/Tues, but Wednesday afternoon, I'll post of pic of how I'm coming with the taupe round ripple. I'm slogging to the grocery store after I get off work late tonight and tomorrow when I'm off I want to do NOTHING but sit and crochet and stay in out of the blazing heat.

Ok the granny afghan is "guy pretty". I think a man would really like it. As far as the RR goes I just love the colors. They go together so well. Like they were made to go together.

Cindy: Just keep crocheting away. You'll get it done eventually. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. But if crocheting something so big and bulky bothers you to bad in this heat just put it ip for a few months. Then take it back out in say like end of September beginning of October. Should be plenty cool enough then. Its looks great so far. Another one a guy would like. (Girls too)

Have done 1 1/2 more rows on babyghan. Gonna work on it today. Hope to have a lot of progress. Will take pucture at end of day of progress.

Lots of great work done. Keep it up everybody. <3 :)

finished one hat,that seemed to take forever to get done

on the 60 " scarf I'm on the 42" side of it,hope to have it finished byTuesday

Sounds like you are doing well. I know how some times the smaller items just seem to take forever to finish. I have just 4 row left on my lapghan and am so excited to be nearly done. :)

Sorry I can't participate ... I was discharged from ICU last week but I'm still not up to crocheting.

Best of luck to all.

Oh Daski -- I hope you are doing better now. So sorry to hear that you were ill. Best wishes for getting back to good health and crocheting real soon.   :hug

Well, this weekend wasn't as productive as I tought it would be.  I only finished one cat mat and still don't have the picture up.  My foster kittens go to a Petsmart store for adoption tomorrow night and then we are taking a break for about a month.  We have had 3 litters in a row!

1 Cat Mat

(And I can't find the buttone to make colored fonts!)

Well, this weekend wasn't as productive as I tought it would be.  I only finished one cat mat and still don't have the picture up.  My foster kittens go to a Petsmart store for adoption tomorrow night and then we are taking a break for about a month.  We have had 3 litters in a row!

1 Cat Mat

(And I can't find the buttone to make colored fonts!)

that happened to me yesterday when I was trying to do a birthday greeting,no color,no smileys

I finished my lapghan -- Yahoo!! I'm so excited that I was able to finish up this lapghan for the Warmth for Warriors during this charity blitz.

Now I can work on smaller, cooler projects. :whew

Completed: 1 Lapghan

9360351799_d1f35ea147.jpg

I really stuck to it and actually FINISHED the taupe round ripple - just don't ask what time I got to bed last night. I wove in the last ends this morning. I managed to use up all but a bit a little smaller than a tennis ball, so this rates a win. It looks totally dreary in the photo, but it real life, it's not too bad. Better than I expected, but I am Very Glad to be finished with the taupe yarn.

So for the July CAL -

TWO LAPGHANS

post-39480-0-57456700-1374705946_thumb.jpg

I really stuck to it and actually FINISHED the taupe round ripple - just don't ask what time I got to bed last night. I wove in the last ends this morning. I managed to use up all but a bit a little smaller than a tennis ball, so this rates a win. It looks totally dreary in the photo, but it real life, it's not too bad. Better than I expected, but I am Very Glad to be finished with the taupe yarn.

So for the July CAL -

TWO LAPGHANS

Oh I think this round ripple is gorgeous. The colors really do look lovely together. Nice job indeed. :cheer

I finished my lapghan -- Yahoo!! I'm so excited that I was able to finish up this lapghan for the Warmth for Warriors during this charity blitz.

Now I can work on smaller, cooler projects. :whew

Completed: 1 Lapghan

9360351799_d1f35ea147.jpg

thats a really nice,man friendly lap ghan

Go Cindy, Go Donna! Woot woot! Finished projects, pictures and a used up skein of hated yarn. The crochet trifecta!!!

They are both great projects and it makes me happy to know they are headed to people who will cherish them.

I dropped my foster babies off at Petsmart tonight. Cried like a baby. Now I just hope they get adopted quickly and get happy homes.

Donna, I have only kept two and have fostered more than 60, so that's not bad. We are for sure at our max with 3 of our own, plus we will get the cat that was my mom's one day (hopefully a LONG time from now) when my dad is gone.

I volunteer at a Petsmart one night a week cleaning up, playing with the cats and doing adoptions. I never take my fosters to my store because nobody would be good enough to adopt them! Ha ha. So I have a good friend who volunteers at a store about 10 miles away. I always take them to her store.

Hi, all.  You have all done GREAT!!!  My vacation is going very well, although this is the first that I've signed in since leaving home, I've been thinking of you.  The brown shawl is now at approximately 48" from point to point and I've done 54" on another one in a different pattern done now too.

SO, for this month we have the following Grand Totals:

1 Aghan

1 Cat Mat

3 Lapghans

1 Hat

1 Scarf

48" on a Prayer Shawl

54" on a Prayer Shawl

Congratulations to everyone!!!!!!  Great Job!!!     :clap   :clap   :clap  :clap

Hope to see you all next month.  Darski, I'm glad that you are feeling better.  :hug

Archived