nicolep

Java Jamboree Swap - Mailing deadline 9/9!

22 posts in this topic

It's time for coffee!!!!
:hyper Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, java, cappuccino :hyper

Calling all coffee lovers!!!

What could possibly be better than crocheting? Crocheting with coffee, of course!

During this swap, we'll swap coffee, coffee-flavored candy, coffee-colored yarn, coffee cups, non-perishable creamers....anything coffee-related you can imagine!

Please Note General Swap Guidelines:

All swappers must read the swap guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and RAOKs. These guidelines apply to ALL swaps at Crochetville. Be sure you understand the guidelines and can follow them before signing up for this swap.

This swap may contain additional guidelines and requirements as stated below.

Contacting Your Swap Hostess

I prefer to be contacted via email for all matters related to this swap. Please send emails to nicole.patrick1@hotmail.com. Please be sure to enter Java Jamboree Swap and your Crochetville user name in the subject line of your message.

Items to Be Exchanged:
Each package will be required to have coffee-related items your partner will enjoy. The minimum value before shipping costs is $15. Extras are allowed, but not required. Please remember that if you go above the minimum requirements, your partner may not.

Other goodies (like tea, coffee, candy, thread, etc) are optional. Just remember if you send more than the minimum requirements, your partner might not.

Important Dates:

• Sign-ups begin 7/15/13.

• Partner will be assigned to you by 8/1/13 at 12:01 am EDT.

• Post-mark deadline is 9/09/13

How to Sign Up for the 2013 Java Jamboree Swap:

1. Please submit a survey if you want to participate in this exchange. (See the second post in this thread for survey information.) Submit the survey via the method listed above for contacting your Swap Hostess (email).* Include the swap name and your username in the subject of the email.* I will send you a confirmation email when I receive your survey, and your name will be added to the list of exchangers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until 7/31/13 at 5pm EDT.

2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for full name, Crochetville user name, mailing address, and email address), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences.

3. Swap partner assignments will be e-mailed to you by 8/1/13 at 12:01 am EDT.

4. Within one week of receiving your swap partner assignment, post in the swap thread to say you have received your partner. To make swap management easier, you should also contact your Swap Hostess to let her know you've received your partner via email at nicole.patrick1@hotmail.com

5. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap board. Please contact the Swap Hostess privately.

6. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your swap partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.

7. Sending in a survey means that you have read the rules for this swap as well as the Swap Guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and agree to them.

* Information for All Crochetville Swaps *

While you are required to read and understand the entire Swap Guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps in order to participate in a swap, the following major points are reminders.

* Eligibility: To participate in any Crochetville swap, you must be at least 18 years old and have achieved Villager membership level. For complete details, see Who is eligible to participate in a swap?

* Swap Limit: You may participate in a maximum of two swaps at one time at Crochetville. For complete details, see How many swaps may I join at one time?

* Any Swap Problems? Contact your Swap Hostess as soon as possible. For complete details, see Swap Problems.

* To Avoid Receiving Negative Points and/or Revocation of Swap Privileges:
For complete details about negative points, see What actions could cause me to receive negative points?
For complete details about revocation of swap privileges, see What actions could cause me to have my swap privileges revoked?

• The items you send must meet at least the minimum requirements of the swap.
  • Within one week of receiving your partner assignment/survey from your Swap Hostess, post in the swap thread saying that you have received your partner.
  • Mail your swap package by the POSTMARK-BY deadline given in your swap.
  • When mailing your swap package, get a delivery confirmation (DC) number or other proof of mailing AND, within one week of mailing, send your DC or other proof of mailing to your Swap Hostess. If you are unable to obtain proof of mailing, still contact your Swap Hostess to say you have mailed but could not get proof of mailing.
  • Within one week of receiving your swap package from your swap partner, post a thank you to your partner in the swap thread.
  • You are expected to respond promptly to swap-related messages (PM/Private Message or email) from your Swap Hostess or Crochetville Administrators.

* Privacy Information: Your privacy is always very important to us at Crochetville. The information you submit for a swap is never used nor shared for any purpose other than the swap you are joining. The information you provide to your Swap Hostess on your swap survey is provided to your assigned swap partner(s). This information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator and Crochetville Administrators (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. If necessary, and with your prior permission, survey information may also be provided to a Swap Angel sending an Angel Package (that is, a Crochetville member sending a replacement for a swap package not received). Your personal contact information (name, email address, mailing address) may also be used to obtain any specific items you have requested (gift certificate, digital pattern through Ravelry, etc.).

Edited by nicolep

**Read ALL of the general swap guidelines in addition to the rules for this swap before signing up. **

Copy and paste this survey into the body of your email

PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE "JAVA JAMBOREE" AND YOUR CROCHETVILLE USER NAME IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL

SURVEY: Please copy and paste this survey into an email and send to the swap coordinator, Nicole at nicole.patrick1@hotmail.com. Surveys will be accepted until July 31st at 5:00 pm EDT. Partners will be assigned by August 1st at 12:01 am.

1. What is your full name (for mailing purposes only), and C'ville nickname??

2. Email address for swap information?

3. What is your mailing address??

4. Do you have any allergies?? (Smoke, certain scents, food items, cats/dogs, etc)?? Do you, or anyone in your household, smoke?? Do you have cats/dogs, other pets?

5. Are you willing to exchange with a smoker?

6. Do you like ground coffee, whole coffee beans or instant coffee?

7. Do you have a favorite brand or flavor of coffee? Do you like strong, bold coffee or something more light?

8. Is there any kind of coffee you don't want to receive?

9. Do you have a favorite coffee-flavored candy?

10. Can you send to an international partner??

11. Have you participated in a swap at C'ville before?? Which ones?

12. What extra goodies do you enjoy? (These aren't required items for this swap, but this info is useful if your partner wishes to send some extras).

13. Have you read all of the swap rules, both for this specific swap and the new general guidelines?? And do you agree to follow these rules??

14. Are you currently in any swaps?

15. Anything else you want your partner to know????

16. Is there anything you need the swap coordinator to know?? (this information is removed, and kept private.)

Participants

CrochetKitten to kirstyskrafts

kristyskrafts to smith

smith to CrochetKitten (tracking info shows as delivered)

Green = partner confirmed via email to hostess

Red = mailed with DC# emailed to hostess

Purple = package received w/ thank you posted

Edited by nicolep

Welcome CrochetKitten!  This is one of my fav's too.  I'm not going to be able to participate this year because I'm getting married 9/7.  I don't think I'm going to have time this year.  :(

Welcome, smith!  I'm glad you gals are excited.  :D

It's a small group, but I hope you three have fun anyway.  I'm here if you need anything.  :D

happy saturday!!! 

How is everyone taking their coffee today?? 

I have a big fat Harley Davidson mug with black fresh brewed.....

smith - Can you confirm receipt of your partner, please (via email)?  It doesn't look like I have received that one.  Sorry if you have already sent it and I missed it somehow.

I'm enjoying my coffee in my Red Wings cup (black as always) this morning!  Usually on the weekend, DH and I sit on the porch and drink coffee in the morning.  That's always in one of my "cat mugs".  I have one that reads, "One cat just leads to another" and another one that reads, "Everything tastes better with cat hair in it."

Hello everyone! I know I have been quiet. School has started for me (no kids til the 19th) and trying to move has kept me busy. But just to keep up w/the posts...i like my hazlenut coffee w/lots of creamer which i have already had a biggie cup of already! Should be good & ready to get my music room together today! Have a great day ;)

..... I'll have to keep a better eye on the swaps! I can't believe I missed this one!... Hope everyone's having fun with this one this year! :manyheart

I'm still alive, but my coffee maker is not. :( It decided it wasn't going to wake up this morning. But on the bright side, my dad said he's going to give us an espresso machine for our anniversary next month. :D It's the kind that can also take coffee pods. Now we just need to make it to the end of the month on instant coffee...

Eep! Just realized the mailing deadline is coming up already. <:O I got some goodies for my partner yesterday, just ordered another item today (hope it comes in on time!) and plan to complete my package on Friday. :D How's everyone else doing?

Yep!  The shipping deadline is 9/9.  Please make sure to get everything in the mail by midnight on the 9th.  It makes all of our lives a lot easier.  :D  I hope you all had fun even though it was a small group.

Smith,

Just curious if your goodies got to you or not? Please let me know.

Thanks

Kristy

Smith isn't currently able to get on the forums.  I'll send her an email and copy you.  Thanks.