Sign in to follow this  
Gigix3

nylon yarn chaos

I love to use nylon yarn for purses, but keep having problems with tangled messes since the yarn is so slithery.  I try rewinding around the original tube and also making into a ball (by hand) but it just seems to behave like spilled spaghetti!   Could someone tell me how they solve this problem?

Tks,  Sherry

I have never worked with nylon yarn (yet) but what if you tried putting in a container for yarn where you pull the yarn through the hole on the top. I bought mine from AC Moore and Joanns (Snapware) but they can be pricey (used coupons or waited till sales).

Some people have made their own by using a 2 liter soda bottle but unfortunately I have not made them.

Just a couple of thoughts.

LI Roe

I do that when I work with it, but when I try to store it, wow. I guess I will have to put it in ziplocks. I just ordered several rolls for Christmas projects, too, sigh. I had my stash so neatly put on shelves and now I have to look at plastic bags!

I guess that was kinda dumb question anyway, lol. Such is life!

Tks RI

I've used it before. I would unravel some yardage and then put a rubber band on the spool to stop the nylon from unraveling more than I want at a time.

Thanks, MisterBob! I reckon that would work! I have about 4 purses to make and I will be busy crocheting and hopefully NOT wrangling yarn!

Sherry