The Warmth for Warriors is kicking off their 2013 Mini Christmas Stocking Project. Their goal is 2000 mini socks for the troops. They fill the mini stockings with a small bar of soap, shampoo, and/or body wash and are sending them to the troops as a little Christmas gift.

You can crochet, knit or sew the stockings which need to be about 6 inches long. Here are a few samples of some of the socks I have crocheted and sewn for the drive. Here is the recycled denim stocking tutorial if you like to make some of them.

So if you are interested in joining us in this drive, any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a worthy cause and we need lots of Christmas stockings to complete this project. Thank you in advance for your help.

8120868211_a735f42c95_z.jpg

7968151378_98c344c307.jpg

Hi Cindy,

Last year I tried these and was too embarrassed to send what I did. I must have been reading the pattern wrong. But I will try again. I also have a lot of hotel size toiletries. Are those needed?

Hi Cindy,

Last year I tried these and was too embarrassed to send what I did. I must have been reading the pattern wrong. But I will try again. I also have a lot of hotel size toiletries. Are those needed?

Meta how heads up the groups donations is seeking small soaps etc from different hotels and other places that want to donate items for the stockings. So I'm sure she could use your toiletries too. Was it the all crocheted little sock pattern that you had trouble with? I have notes on how I converted the original pattern for these mini stockings. I can send it to you. Would you send me a PM with your email and I'd be happy to send it to you. I had to convert the pattern from UK terms and tweak it just a bit for this project.

Hi Cindy,

Yes, my stockings came out looking like a water splat.  The heel and toe bumps were all wrong.  I will PM you. 

I just sent you an email with my pattern notes. Please let me know if I can help further.

Got it, thanks.  I will send the toiletries right away.  Thank goodness for those flat rate boxes.  

If I have questions about the pattern, this time I will ask.  : ) 

• 4 weeks later...

The Warmth for Warriors is kicking off their 2013 Mini Christmas Stocking Project. Their goal is 2000 mini socks for the troops. They fill the mini stockings with a small bar of soap, shampoo, and/or body wash and are sending them to the troops as a little Christmas gift.

You can crochet, knit or sew the stockings which need to be about 6 inches long. Here are a few samples of some of the socks I have crocheted and sewn for the drive. Here is the recycled denim stocking tutorial if you like to make some of them.

So if you are interested in joining us in this drive, any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a worthy cause and we need lots of Christmas stockings to complete this project. Thank you in advance for your help.

8120868211_a735f42c95_z.jpg

7968151378_98c344c307.jpg

Hi Cindy, 

does the crochet stocking have to be solid.  I have made the granny mini stocking, and they work up quick.  They are about 6".  I have the pattern somewhere have used it for a few years and people always love them.  You can put the items you talk about in them with no problem.   I will search for a pic of what I am talking about

Hi Cindy, 

does the crochet stocking have to be solid.  I have made the granny mini stocking, and they work up quick.  They are about 6".  I have the pattern somewhere have used it for a few years and people always love them.  You can put the items you talk about in them with no problem.   I will search for a pic of what I am talking about

Any type of mini stocking can be donated as long as it handcrafted and around 6 inches long. I remember last year there were some folded granny style mini stockings made. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated as we need lots of stockings to fulfill the project.

I would love to try and help send some. Sounds like a great idea and not to difficult to make plus it's a good cause.

Oh thank you for your offer. We are getting ready for this month's charity blitz if you'd like to join us. I plan to crochet some more mini Christmas stockings when the CAL begins on August 15.

I found it, I had to dig through 100's of patterns I printed off.  But the pattern is a Cylinda Mathews pattern its not quite 6", butI think if the yarn is doubled it would be close.  She don't have it on her site anymore that I can see.  I printed it of in 03"  luckily my printer I had printed the date and website.   It can be found on the net on craftfreely.com the pattern is called miniture christmas stocking pattern.  I took a pic with my phone but its being ticky.  If you go to the bottom of the page you will see the pattern.  Here is the addy  http://www.craftfreely.com/free-crochet-patterns/preview-pattern.cfm?id=3732  it wouldn't show a pic.

• 1 month later...

I found it, I had to dig through 100's of patterns I printed off.  But the pattern is a Cylinda Mathews pattern its not quite 6", butI think if the yarn is doubled it would be close.  She don't have it on her site anymore that I can see.  I printed it of in 03"  luckily my printer I had printed the date and website.   It can be found on the net on craftfreely.com the pattern is called miniture christmas stocking pattern.  I took a pic with my phone but its being ticky.  If you go to the bottom of the page you will see the pattern.  Here is the addy  http://www.craftfreely.com/free-crochet-patterns/preview-pattern.cfm?id=3732  it wouldn't show a pic.

I couldn't get that link to work for the actual miniature Christmas stocking at that site. Were you able to find the pattern in your stuff? I'd love to see one of your mini stockings if you can share a photo.

I've been working on mini Christmas stockings this week as part of the charity CAL blitz. Here are 3 stockings I crocheted. They all turn out a little different as I use scraps and whatever yarn I have on hand. They are 6 inches long for the Warmth for Warrior stocking drive.

9886840856_8d3a73476b.jpg

If anyone is looking for a charity or group crafting project, please consider joining our effort to make 2000 mini Christmas socks for the troops this year. We'd love to have your help!  :manyheart

Well I used the mini christmas stocking pattern I found on crochet geek and made 1. It only measures 5...I suppose I can change the pattern a little to make it longer. Will the 5" still work?

Yes we need all we can get. Maybe use a larger hook or add another round and then it will be bigger next time.

Thank you so much for making a stocking for the troops. :hug

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cindy,  I'm up for helping too.  I've got 3 finished.  With more on the way.  Always glad to help.

Thank you so much for your help. Here are 8 more that I got finished during the October charity blitz on another thread here at the 'Ville. The denim ones are made from recycled denim and I sewed them on my treadle sewing machine. I'm practicing on the treadle and these little stockings give me good practice.

10414040136_12d8fec39a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to post a final tally on this year's Mini Christmas Stocking drive for the troops. There were 1572 stockings received and filled with goodies for the troops this year by the Warmth for Warriors organization. You can read more about it here.

A BIG thank you to all who helped and particiapted in this drive. Merry Christmas. :ctree

Archived