Jennie G.

Older afghan pattern by Melody MacDuffee

Question

Hello crocheters, I had to re-register with Crochetville because I can't find my sign-in info.  Probably on a computer that went belly-up years ago...  Anyway, I'm on a hunt for an afghan pattern.  A crocheter emailed my web site looking for a Melody MacDuffee afghan pattern she had seen on my Photobucket photo storage space.  That was no problem, I had noted which issue of Crochet Fantasy had the pattern, so she found one (on Etsy, I think) and was happy with that.  In the meantime, I mentioned that Melody had previous designed a one-piece afghan with the same overlay design, but it was a one-piece rather than motifs.  As I recall, CF got so much interest about that pattern that they asked crocheters to send them pictures of their finished afghans to be published in another issue!  Well, I can't remember the name of the afghan, the issue, even the year.  And it's making us both crazy trying to find it.  Nobody I've asked remembers it, it's not on Ravelry, and we've hunted all over the internet looking for it.  I know it has to be before issue #147 (2001) because that's when the motif afghan pattern (Kaleidoscope) was published.  We are hoping that somebody recognizes it, so we can put our fevered memories at rest!

I don't know how to add an actual picture, so here is a link to the motif afghan picture.  I'm hoping somebody will recognize it

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/countryyarns/media/Looking%20for%20these/kaliedoscope.jpg.html?sort=4&o=10

Edited by Jennie G.
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

That's a gorgeous afghan! I've searched a bunch of different places and so far no luck. I did come across this site  http://www.melodysarts.com/pubs.html . It appears to be Melody's site. If you scroll down a bit there is a section for Crochet Fantasy magazine where she says you may email her about patterns that were published in this magazine. 

• Like 1

The crocheter who visited my site and asked about the pattern has emailed her.  Let's keep our fingers crossed, and if Melody replies I will let you know.  Melody does a lot of teaching of her overlay technique, so she may be busy this weekend.

Hmm , I'll look for this too!!! It's pretty!!!!