marycat

Bavarian crochet afghan

I finally got my Bavarian crochet afghan done for our queen size bed.  I used shades of blue with white so I could use up some of my stash of yarn.  So when I ran out of one colour I added in another so that is why it looks the way it does.  I am quite happy with how it turned out and it will keep dh and I nice and warm this winter.post-17341-0-15875500-1372954847_thumb.jpgpost-17341-0-15875500-1372954847_thumb.jpgpost-17341-0-75062700-1372954866_thumb.jpg

post-17341-0-55439800-1372954898_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Quite beautiful. You did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing the pics.

Your afghan is gorgeous!  Beautiful work and the colors are really pretty together. :)

beautiful, I just learned to do this, and was wondering what to do with my sample size, Now I'll just keep increasing it.

Yours is beautiful. I bet it's heavy. what size hook did you use??

I love this.  I have never done Bavarian, but it is so beautiful. Oh, the time it must have taken!

beautiful, I just learned to do this, and was wondering what to do with my sample size, Now I'll just keep increasing it.

Yours is beautiful. I bet it's heavy. what size hook did you use??

I used a size 6mm hook.  It is quite heavy so will be used during the winter here.

I love this.  I have never done Bavarian, but it is so beautiful. Oh, the time it must have taken!

I started making it on Jan. 12th of this year so it took me just under six months to do and I wasn't working on it every day.  I would work a little at a time since I have cervical spondylosis and crocheting makes the pain worse if I do it for a long time.  I was thinking that this may be the last crochet item I do because of the CS but I figure if I just crochet a little at a time I can keep on doing it.

My avatar is the beginning of this blanket.

Edited by marycat

This is very pretty.  

Mary, this is beautiful, it should keep you snuggly warm for many winters!

I hope you are feeling better now that summer is here and have found a pain clinic to work on your health problems, Don't give up, trust me, they can do some amazing things that will bring you surprising relief.

I wish you well...

Absolutely beautiful, marycat! I am so happy that you have been able to finish it .:)

Beautiful afghan!  I want to learn how to do that stitch...was it hard to learn?  Any pointers you could share?  Love the blues you used!

It's beautiful.

I hope you don't have to quit!  You do such good work................. :)

I started making it on Jan. 12th of this year so it took me just under six months to do and I wasn't working on it every day.  I would work a little at a time since I have cervical spondylosis and crocheting makes the pain worse if I do it for a long time.  I was thinking that this may be the last crochet item I do because of the CS but I figure if I just crochet a little at a time I can keep on doing it.

My avatar is the beginning of this blanket.

This came out beautifully!!! :D

Very pretty, love the colours.  Even doing a small baby sized one of these sends me crazy well done for the patience and time it took to do this one :)

What a beautiful afghan love the colors you used always wanted to try this on my huge to do list. Thank you for sharing.