Russian Translation Required

ozegrls

Question

Hi - I am new here so hopefully I have posted in the right section.

I have found a beautiful crochet pattern onlnine, however it is in Russian. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is an English translation available, or whether anyone who speaks Russian could translate.

The pattern is here: http://www.1001uzor.com/crochet/youth/sweater02_06.html

Thanks

DIane

6 answers to this question

Normally Google offers to translate but not for this page - the link wasn't even there. When I went to the Google Translate page it didn't list Russian unfortunately.

I got the google translate to work. At the top there is a drop down menu to click that gives the different languages and Russian was there for me. I can understand some of the translation but not all. That's a nice jacket, another for my growing list.

google

The front band is knitted garter stitch.  Looking at the translation, it calls for both needles and a hook.

The pattern is more of a 'recipe' than a traditional pattern.  It's telling you to create a paper pattern, and follow the stitch chart and very brief instructions to form the shape of the stich pattern to make a garment to fit you.

Ah ha! I got the translation to work by using IE instead of Firefox. Thanks everyone - I think I'll print it out and give it a try. It is a lovely pattern!

Archived