2013 WIP-Busters

ddc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear - when this popped up as a new post I realized I had forgotten all about this thread - and I started it.  :2blush

I have finished and started and finished and started things since I posted last. I'll skip all the history. But at present, I have 3 WIPS - an afghan in red stripe boucle for a friend, and two lapghans for donation. I'm about half finished with the boucle lapghan. The priority is to get that done. The other two are being done in squares, and I'm basically setting them aside now to work on during the monthly charity CALs.

I decided that it is time to buck up and master thread crochet. I've gathered thread - as usual way too much to be just starting because I'm such a color junkie - and the hooks and books and stuff, and I'm itching to get that started. I have a little practice doily at work, but I'm trying to hold off until I get the afghan done. I'm off the next three days, and I have some boring real life stuff to do, but I'm hoping I can make a lot of headway on that. I'm using double strand with an L, so it's moving along at a good clip. On the other hand, it's larger than I usually make, so it doesn't actually feel like such a good clip. It will be a shock to move from the L to a 1.5 mm though! Nothing like extremes to keep things interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness I am glad I found this Cal because goodness knows I need to have a few friends keep me on track it's a huge lists and I am in stress mode.

1. 20 candy cane covers 2/20 done

2. 7 sock monkeys for nieces and nephews Christmas gifts

3. 7 Indoor snow ball fight snowman bags for neices and nephews Christmas gifts

4. 2 Pill-ows for my brother and sister for Christmas gifts

5. Various Dish Clothes for Neighbors and friends Christmas gifts

This is all I have off the top of my head for now but what worries me are the more to come as I keep thinking and working..

Ekk this is so scarey lol time for Holiday movies and music and hooks in overtime.

Editing to add Starting photo of two things that are done I hope to add a new photo a day till the list is empty!!

post-12630-0-41885000-1385128729_thumb.jpg

Those are so pretty!

My list for the next month is:

1. Farm quilt for Christmas (was supposed to be first birthday gift... two years ago... :embar )

2. New winter pjs to replace the ones the toddler has grown out of

3. Wedding gift afghan for January 4th

4. Crochet space shuttle for Christmas

....but technically that could wait since there are plenty of other gifts in my stash for that child. :)

• 2 years later...

Archived