Been away for some time!

chikbrite

Hello from an old timer! I joined sometime around 2005 then got very busy with other things. I'm in northwest Missouri where the weather is beautiful today! I have a question and maybe should post it elsewhere but I'll start here.

When a pattern says "1 dc in 4th ch from hook", do you count the hook as one and go from there? Sometimes it works different it seems depending on who wrote the pattern or maybe I've been doing it wrong all along! How do you know when you start a project what chain you're actually to be starting in? Hope that makes sense! Thanks for any help!

Hi and welcome back to the 'Ville!   Here is a picture that shows how to count the chains...hope this helps. :)

http://crochet.about.com/od/learnbasics/ss/basictsq.htm

Thanks for sharing! Here's what I've run into before and with the article I'm crocheting now. It's saying dc in 4th chain from hook and if I count 1,2,3,4 and the 4th chain I start my stitches, at the end I'm off. But if count to the 3rd stitch, it works out. Anyway, thanks a bunch!

:welcome back from Pittsburgh

Hello from an old timer! I joined sometime around 2005 then got very busy with other things. I'm in northwest Missouri where the weather is beautiful today! I have a question and maybe should post it elsewhere but I'll start here.

When a pattern says "1 dc in 4th ch from hook", do you count the hook as one and go from there? Sometimes it works different it seems depending on who wrote the pattern or maybe I've been doing it wrong all along! How do you know when you start a project what chain you're actually to be starting in? Hope that makes sense! Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived