Tampa Doll

C’Ville July 2013 Tote

Beautiful!! Love the celebrations of 4th of July! Last year we were in Maine over the 4th of July and it was wonderful! This year, we'll be home, bar-b-queing and lounging by the pool!

Can't wait to see who will be joining the 'club'!

I can't believe it's time for the newest tote already!  I knew the month was flying by - and this confirms it!!  :)

What a beautiful tote, Mary Jo!  I'm looking forward to the clues, and can't wait to hear the oooohhhs and aaaahhhhs of the newest member of the club!!

:hug

Wow what a wonderfully festive bag. So patriotic. can't wait till the clues start. 

My favorite July 4th memory was my oldest sons 2nd 4th of july. We went down

down to the track and watched the fire worksand when we got back Travis was

so excited to tell his gramma and grampa what he had just seen. But only being

a year old his vocabulary was limited So he just climbed up in gramma lap looked

over at grampa and said. " papaw, Boom, ooooooo." 

Whoever gets this bag will be one very blessed person. Great job Doll as always

Edited by dragnlady5

That bag just pops!  Your town sounds like the ideal place to live.  Many cities in California no longer allow fireworks.  You have to look around for places that have fireworks shows to enjoy them.  My least favorite show was in San Francisco, the area I was living at more than a decade ago (wow, really?!).  The show began almost half an hour late, and staying true to form, the fog rolled in during that time.  All you could see were hazy glows if the fireworks were big enough.  My favorite shows were in Arizona, where I lived for a bit a few years ago.  There's so much open space, and my sister's house was in a new unincorporated area now known as San Tan Valley.  We would drive at most five minutes out to Hunt Highway and park on the dirt right next to the ranches.  All the open land allowed a perfect view of the many displays in the surrounding towns.  We'd get to meet new neighbors that way :)

I haven't thrown my name in the lot in a long time.  It would be a beautiful prize to win.

Thanks, Tampa Doll :hug

Hello everyone

I have a message from Mary Jo to pass along to all of you regarding the July tote....

She is having MAJOR PC issues and may not be able to get on the ville for a few days....she wanted me to let you all know she will post an update as soon as she is able. She has let Donna know and hopefully it will not be too long before our tote angel returns!!!

Edited to add......please continue to post regarding the tote.

Edited by craftylady1956

Gorgeous again Mary Jo....it amazes me how many different color combinations you continue to come up with and how it makes each bag unique :hug

Oh, that is really the pits about MaryJo's PC!!! Hope it's up and running in no time....I was checking in to see if there were any clues as to where this beauty was heading.

Will patiently await to "hear" the squeals of delight!

Wow!  That is truly a firecracker of a tote!!  I hope I'm in the drawing!!  

I too remember the "Good Ole' Days" when our families all gathered in the city park on July 4th (too many family members for any of our homes!) ate a fine picnic dinner, then stayed there for the fireworks!  A long tiring and very happy day!!  Now we just sit at home, in the ole air-conditioning, and watch everything go boom-boom in Boston, and in Philadelphia.  Somehow--just not as great!!

Hope your computer's up and running very soon, Mary Jo!  I know the feeling--mine was "born" in 2003, and I truly expect it to die any day now!

Edited by Avon Lady

Ok everyone here's a message I received from Mary Jo today.

She did say the tote was sitting on her stoop waiting for pick up and hopes it will delivered Monday!!!

"hopefully I will be back, before the tote is delivered.

I guess I can give you the first clue.

No Presidents from this state, but we do have lots of famous people. Maybe you can figure out where they are from

Dwight Gooden baseball player,"

Butterfly McQueen actress, Gone With the Wind"

Well, it looks like this tote is going very far at all!!! That would explain how it may be delivered on Monday!!! Looks like it's staying in town!!

Hi Everyone.

Here's a message for all of you from Mary Jo...

"I have another clue for today if you do not mind.

The tote is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

The state flower, bird and song are as follows:

flower orange blossom

bird mockingbird

song “Suwannee River”

Let's hope Mary Jo is able to be back online when the tote is delivered....so she can "hear" the happy fireworks!!! I haven't really thought about the clues but I'm sure whoever receives it will be thrilled...as they all are!!!

From the clues given I don't think the bag is traveling very far from Mary Jo.  It may be even close enough that she won't need to use her computer to hear the shouts of the lucky one.  She can just stand outside her door and hear them.  At least I think I am correct on the state, but just don't have a clue as to the lucky bag winner.

• Like 1

Good Morning all-

Well today is the day we all wait for--the tote should be delivered today to the lucky new bag lady!!! Yay !!!

Here's today message from Mary Jo---she tells me she still has issues and cannot get onto the ville- I told her we're all feeling a sense of "Mary-Jo-Less-I-Tis" . Poor Mary Jo hope she's back with us soon.

Here's her message:

"Since I can not give you all my picture clues I will give you the DC# 9405503699300478291336

By the way, yes it is very close to home."

It's ME!!! It's ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to first apologize for coming on here so late-..I've had a personal issue I am dealing with and was running around all day...

That said.. I came home and found this big box sitting in my chair...I was speechless and started to cry as it has been that kind of a time and day for me today. Hubby and daughter were wondering what the heck was wrong...through my tears I said I was a bag lady.

To that they said will I be on street soon.....funny.

I was happy to help Mary Jo get the messages out to all of you but NEVER expected this in a gazilion years....Thank you for allowing me to be a go between for this month's tote bag and hope Mary Jo will be back on here soon. Thank you for the tote, beautiful note , stitch markers and lil ami bear.....So special and I am now a bag lady!!!!! Yay me!!!!!

post-7413-0-30094000-1372723739_thumb.jpg

Edited by craftylady1956
  • Like 2

Congrats!!!!!  You are very deserving!

How do I get into this monthly drawing?  These are all SO beautiful!!!