Girl's blanket...help please

Kbrooks1987

I have been crocheting on and off for the past several years. I crocheted a large wonky star and I have decided to make into a blanket for my niece. I was thinking stripes with star at the top or middle of blanket. Does anyone have suggestions?

Wow, you can have a lot of fun thinking of all the possibilities! Your stripes with the star idea sounds good and would be easy.

What color is your star? How old is your niece?

Maybe a diagonal stripe would look nice, too, with the star in the upper corner... tell her it's "reaching for the stars"

Is she young? How about "swinging on a star" with a little bear or something in an added pocket? You could make chains from a couple of the star tips down to the pocket so it would look like a hot air balloon basket.

Here's a few... I'm not done thinking yet, tho!

Wow, you can have a lot of fun thinking of all the possibilities! Your stripes with the star idea sounds good and would be easy.

What color is your star? How old is your niece?

Maybe a diagonal stripe would look nice, too, with the star in the upper corner... tell her it's "reaching for the stars"

Is she young? How about "swinging on a star" with a little bear or something in an added pocket? You could make chains from a couple of the star tips down to the pocket so it would look like a hot air balloon basket.

Here's a few... I'm not done thinking yet, tho!

I will post a picture of my star later on tonight. It uses several different colors. My niece is 6 and she is in love with stars and the colors purple, blue and pink. When I started on the star, it was initially supposed to be a square, but it ended up being more of a pentagon and slowly evolved into a star.

Can you just keep going and make it a star shaped throw? You are off to a good start, looks nice as it is.

Some of the gals are more familiar with the star shape than me, I stick with round and rectangle, maybe they will chime in with some pointers.

Looks good to me, tho!

I had never used appliques before so I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. I know what can be done with this blanket now :).

Let us know what you do, I'm curious to see a pic of the finished blanket. Whatever you decide, I'm sure your niece will love it because you made it just for her.

Archived