"Into the Jungle" (animal stuffies and tree)

nevadamama

Question

It's been awhile since I've been here so perhaps I missed a post about this pattern.  Is anyone working on the "Into the Jungle" pattern from Crochet World?  It's a pattern published in three sections.  I've started it, made a few changes and this is a photo of it so far.  I'm just finishing the grass underneath the giraffe.  A tiger and a monkey will be the last two animals on top .

post-4787-0-25395000-1372097494_thumb.jpg

17 answers to this question

Figured it out via a some of the pattern writers comment combined with pinterest photo. It is done all in one piece, and it ends up looking like a cone with a rounded/cupped top. When the crochet is near completion you need to push in the rounded top so it looks like a bowl, and fold the cone part over it so it then makes a cone whose sides you can fill with stuffing, and then the last few crochet rounds will stitch it shut, so you end up wih a plush cone shaped cap. I hope that made sense. Not quite sure how else to word it.

Samontario, what are you talking about? The treetop instructions are written for one piece, not two. I found comments by the designer of this pattern on facebook and she confirms it is one piece (although her explanation is still confusing, which is why I am here). Now I feel even more lost.

Hi Villager,

I am assuming you are having an issue with the cap part.  If I remember correctly it is in 2 parts...one inside and one outside.  After making them put the smaller one right side out inside the right side out larger part then whipstitch them together.  Then add the leaves starting largest at the bottom to smallest on top.

I was a fun piece to make and I loved the way it came out!

Thanks for your comment.  I like to crochet novelties so it's fun to make but it takes a lot of work and time.  I crochet loosely, so after making the giraffe & tree, I went down a hook size.  My friend is crocheting one too and her's is a lot smaller.  I didn't like the color of the giraffe so I made mine yellow with brown spots.  I also can't make loops so my grass with be latch hooked.  I had issues with the leaves too but I worked it out........not complaining, just venting.

Thanks  for your response all helpful information.  It is adorable though and worth the extra work I think.

It's on my tuit list.  Is it fun to make?  Did you find any issues?  Yours looks wonderful.

Thanks for your comment.  I like to crochet novelties so it's fun to make but it takes a lot of work and time.  I crochet loosely, so after making the giraffe & tree, I went down a hook size.  My friend is crocheting one too and her's is a lot smaller.  I didn't like the color of the giraffe so I made mine yellow with brown spots.  I also can't make loops so my grass with be latch hooked.  I had issues with the leaves too but I worked it out........not complaining, just venting.  

Archived