teddy bears for Christmas

craftylady1956

Wow, What a happy bear! Happy birthday, little one, this bear will be a wonderful lifelong pal, I'm sure.

They'll be so cute under the Christmas tree, too!

Dare I ask, how many bags of polyfil in each one?

Wow your question is a "loaded" one..ha. I also had my eye on the pattern for some time. I am a very experienced crocheter ( almost 50 years). The pattern is 300 pages YES 300. Thankfully I have a tablet to view it and didn't have to print it out. The directions are written for someone who has never crocheted, and is extremely confusing as it constantly repeats the same directions many , many times.

As far as the size....it calls for thinner yarn but I happen to have a huge stash of WW so I used larger hooks for that weight.

Pattern IS simple...same 2 pieces but made with different sized hooks.

Love it, have this pattern but haven't had the courage to try it yet.  Is it difficult?  Really they come out four feet tall? 

Wow your question is a "loaded" one..ha. I also had my eye on the pattern for some time. I am a very experienced crocheter ( almost 50 years). The pattern is 300 pages YES 300. Thankfully I have a tablet to view it and didn't have to print it out. The directions are written for someone who has never crocheted, and is extremely confusing as it constantly repeats the same directions many , many times.

As far as the size....it calls for thinner yarn but I happen to have a huge stash of WW so I used larger hooks for that weight.

Pattern IS simple...same 2 pieces but made with different sized hooks.

Okay thanks so much for your input.  I will try the pattern soon. 

;Well the daughter the.bear above is for will be 24 years on July 4th and she is married..ha. I have no grands.... yet. The other 3 are also for older " kids" ages 17, 21 and 24.

Lol, my "baby's" birthday is tomorrow, she's 40 something!.... I made her an Amish Puzzle Ball just for fun, figured everybody needs a toy for a present and made her a little piece of birthday cake, too.

Nice that we can still make this fun stuff for their b'days, isn't it?

Your work and that bear is just awesome!  I have crocheted for years and not seen a bear quite like this one.  What a fun Christmas you will have when the kids recieve these!  Please post a picture when you get them all together.  Four of them will be a room full of bears! 

Thank you....i have this one in bottom of my closet...I have no idea where to store 3 more--hee hee...glad only 1 child at home..but one is for her...and I don't want her to know about ANY of them...:)

Your work and that bear is just awesome!  I have crocheted for years and not seen a bear quite like this one.  What a fun Christmas you will have when the kids recieve these!  Please post a picture when you get them all together.  Four of them will be a room full of bears! 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived