Yarn companies -- Are you listening?

stitcher123

Question

I have spent 6 hours so far trying to untangle the "VOMIT" that came out from the inside of a skein of Bernat baby yarn 8.5 oz size.  I thought I had found the right path on the inside yarn when I started and have about 2 inches completed on a baby doll sweater.  And I'm still not done.....if I'm lucky I will get it untangled sometime today.  The knotted mess was so bad from the inside "VOMIT" that I found the outside yarn and starting ball winding with a winder from the outside.  If I wasn't so far along with the sweater I would just throw the whole thing away.

Come on yarn companies.....can't you take a piece of clear tape and tape onto the ball band the inside yarn so we pull it correctly out of the middle from the beginning? 

If we reach inside and grab it over or under a few rounds we are destined for a mess.  When you have these jumbo skeins the chances of a VOMIT mess are greater as the inside slowly comes out and the outside has no support.

Make it a little easier on us from the start...PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent...I think I'm just overtired as I stayed up to 3 am working on my VOMIT and I'm still sick with VOMIT!!!

:)

JILLfromWI

Sorry I still take the time to unbind the inside piece. 

Red Heart makes it easy on us and sticks the inside piece hanging out the end, so we can find it. 

My big complaint is with the balls of cotton.  The vomit from there is 1/2 the skein.

It is hard to use the winder, if you have a pounder, as you have to make several balls. 

I use to have that too even if I started from the beginning so taping it wouldn't always make any difference. I also think some yarns weren't meant to be used from the inside so if I couldn't find it quick I would rewind it.

So I wrote to Berroco about this and was told sometimes something  happens with the machines etc. A nice reply that said it was best to rewind the yarn or work from the outside as working from the inside wasn't the best. I agree so I either work from the outside now or rewind the yarn myself and that works for me as I don't have any more messess.

Archived