What are you working on TODAY?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I'm fringing a shawl. Can't wait to be done with the fringing! I should even get to wear it tomorrow, too--tomorrow it's going to be about 60° and rainy, way too much of a temperature drop for one day since it's been in the 80s for days now!

I have a lot of WIPS :think but the project I've been working on for the last bunch of evenings has been a crochet table runner made from fabric strips. I am finding that (no surprise) the fabrics look entirely different when stripped and crocheted and I'm not sure I like one of the ones I'm using so it may get frogged and a different one put in it's place. Who knows...

Mare

I finished a ribbon poncho while covering for the receptionist to go to the baby doctor. Also made a bell out of some christmas glitter yarn but it just didn't trip my trigger, so it won't be part of a set. Finished fringing 2 scarves last night and started another. Good use for all those single skeins that have been stacking up on me lately. Going to start another loopy loop scarf tomorrow for my DD using some thick and quick chenille, that will be my covering for "receptionist at lunch" stay at work and then this weekend I've got to get on the stick. Have at least 4 people producing more little people before next summer. I think there's something in the water around here.

i am working on the front of sweater from learn to crochet a sweater. i have already completed the back-

i am using lion brand wool ease sportweight yarn in autumn color-

joanne

I'm working on getting myself packed and on the road to North Carolina for the weekend! But as for crochet ... I'm taking (1) the bag I started for the purse/tote bag swap, (2) a really cool doily I started last night, (3) a shrug that just needs the last couple of rounds put on it, and (4) a Super Top Secret project for my secret pal that's been driving me nuts ... hopefully it'll be more cooperative with a change of locale :D

I am finishing up a painted doily, and waiting on my yarn for the tote swap. As soon as that gets here, I'll be off and running (I hope) on that. I have never made a purse/tote out of crochet, so I just hope I didn't bite off more than I could chew. :think

And ThreeOliveMartini: you are getting that Lucy bag into crochet??? :eek Man, I hope you write down that pattern, that is one I wanted to do, but cannot knit well enough to try.

LOL Me too! I was thinking I needed to meander over to the WIP thread but it's gotten so large...

Right this second I'm working on my swap partners tote for the purse/tote swap. I was working on a huge football pillow for my nephew but ran out of brown yarn so until I go to the store and buy more, I'll be working on this tote.

At home in the evenings I am working on a pillow (my first pillow.) I'm making it from my fave yarn, TLC's Amore. The base of the pillow is white and it has a burgundy trim with flowers on it... It's going to be so pretty, but it's very time consuming!

I have been busy getting ready for a big craft show in Nov. I have been crocheting hanging towels , candy cane wraps, and a few ornaments. Also have been sewing American Girl/ Bitty Baby clothes like crazy too!

Deb in cool and breezy WI

i am working on several things as well, first off and making a shawl for a special friend, then i started another poncho in the pink chenille(is pretty believe me lol)also am working on a flower pillow for work, (for my class at joanns) and also need to start the snowflake afghan that needs to be getting done soon. so many projects so little time, oh also working on my ornaments for the exchange, :whew :whew thats alot of things, and thats beside the stuff i am making for christmas presents :lol :lol oh well will get done eventually :yes :yes :yes sometimes though i feel like i am:help :help :help guess i had better learn to swim hehehehe

today i just started making a baby blanket for another cousin who just had her 2nd boy the other day. went out and picked out the yarn this morning and now am almost a 1/4 done...making the bubbles baby blanket on Crochet Pattern Central. it really is a nice pattern, really thick and "bouncy", and great for a baby. the one im doing is going to be a bit larger than what the pattern calls for though.

yesterday i just finished my sister's bernat frenzy scarf...didnt like the crochet pattern it came with, so i tried my hand at knitting it...talk about SLOW! ugh i hated it. :grumpy so instead i used the moss/seed crochet stitch and it came out awesome!! the other scarf that im making for the other sister is wider, and i needed to order an extra ball of yarn...

when i get done with this baby blanket im going to start an afghan for myself...

Waffle weave baby afghans. Why oh why does everyone I know who is pregnant have to have their shower in November. I have to do 2 and just started the first one because I just figured out the stitch!

Well, working on today, I am making my dil a very large afghan, with the FPDC and the BPDC, this makes for a very warm and thick blanket. That is for Christmas. I have about 5 WIPS going, Christmas is coming!:eek

Someone mentioned on the first page about Caron Dazzleaire getting $$$ on ebay. I sold 4 skeins about a month or two ago for over $18!!! I was surprised to say the least. It was the pretty mulberry color, and was going to make a scarf out of it, but lost the pattern and I have enough LB yarn to start my own store, I figured someone else would like it better.

Anyway...I'm working on the Little House on the Prairie crochet along, doing the shawl. It's slow going since all my kids have been sick this past week and haven't had much time for me. in fact, earlier I sat down and no sooner did I take my hook and start crocheting, my son started choking on something! Needless to say we were really shaken up over that incident. It truly has not been a good week. Now it is raining cats and dogs and will be raining for the next, oh, 2 weeks!! Welcome to the Northeast in the fall, lol! :rain

Thanks for letting me vent...hope everyones WIP's are going good. Love to see some pics! I will definitely post some soon.

I'm currently making a remembrance blanket for a lady who lost her baby at 35 weeks. I want to have it ready for tomorrow at church, so I'm only taking a few breaks (and checking the board, of course!).

I've also got my brother's afghan (63 squares), my sister's afghan (Square Elegance), my son's camo hat and scarf set, my dd's poncho and my Purse/tote Swap buddy's Tote in progress. Ugh, I think I need to learn to not have so much going at once. I also need to make a few more pumpkin bags, large and small, for a benefit sale for the Pregnancy Resource Center I work at. Not due till next Saturday, fortunately.

I finished my Dazzleaire blanket -and- my Snuggle this weekend!

I was going to start my shawl, but I need to print out the pattern... and have no black ink in my printer. Oops!

So, instead, I started my next charity blanket.

Archived