What are you working on TODAY?

And since I'm sure *someone* :lol will remind me, I know we have the WIP thread, but it's a huge thread at this point and I don't feel like wading through the whole thing. So, since nosy me wants to know what your project is, today, would ya tell me?

My active project today is a twin bed sized blanket for my dd for Christmas (I am SO behind on those Christmas projects - yikes) - I'm making it out of pinks and lavendars (some of you have seen my thread looking for variegateds in those colors for it) - it's basically a scrap afghan; I'm doing it in a ripple, with alternating blocks of 6 and 4 rows with a block of 8 on the top and bottom. I'll probably do the twisted fringe on it when I'm done crocheting it, but who knows. It's about a third done.

:hook

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's see Faith.. I have many WIP .. but today .. I have a shawl from the crochet pattern a day i will be working on .. and I will continue to work on the crochet version of the Lucy bag.. its never ending it seems LOL.. and i think that is all I will work on today .. because I started the shawl last night.. but dont like the way it looks with the yarn i am using so I will be frogging and going up a hook size i think ..

Right now I am working on a charity afghan using some old Dazzleaire that was donated to the store where I work (which I have noticed brings in the "big bucks" on eBay). Since there were 10 skeins, I figured I could get a whole afghan out of it, so I brought it home.

When I finish that, I want to make a wrap out of some other free yarn I have, to wear with my Halloween costume. My costume is a Scottish Renaissance dress (made it myself!), and I know that crochet was invented welllllll after that, but it will look better than my LL Bean barn coat! LOL!

Once that is done, I can go back to the Snuggle I am working on for the Snuggle Project.

I don't think I will be doing any crochet for Christmas this year. I have made one quilt, and have plans for another, plus I am making jammy pants for my husband, and fleece blankets for my brother and his fiance (by request -- the dog has the one I gave my brother a few years back. LOL!).

Elizabeth, I have so many WIPs right now I don't know whether I'm coming or going ... I'm focusing on dd's afghan because it's so easy and I don't really have to think about it. I have a bunch of other things I really should work on but that's the one calling to me right now!

I have yet to make myself a shawl I truly love. I think I may have to go with a rectangular one instead of a triangular - I think they look better on me - but I have yet to try the seraphina. Another thing on my to do list! :lol

Sue, how funny, I just pulled out some of the old dazzleaire to put in dd's afghan! I love the feel of that stuff. I have a stripe in there already in it - so soft, and what a nice sheen ... the only thing I don't like about it is the pilling.

Today, IF I get my cleaning done, I'm hoping to finish up the back panel of my Easygoing Hoodie. I've got about 8" to go. Every other panel is smaller so I can't wait to get the largest part done. :)

Well Faith, I am working on a purse, Imagine that :eek Actually I am working on a companion purse to the irish crochet purse. I originally had two different designs for the sides and changed it to only one. So Now I am taking the original other side and creating something with that. Designing of course means lots of frogging. I am getting sooooooooooo good at that. If I am lucky I will have everything put back in that I took out this morning by tonight.

Sue, how funny, I just pulled out some of the old dazzleaire to put in dd's afghan! I love the feel of that stuff. I have a stripe in there already in it - so soft, and what a nice sheen ... the only thing I don't like about it is the pilling.

I wondered if it pilled or not... I have noticed that the wispy fibers get caught together. Once I get near the end of a skein, I get weird tangles that are nothing more than the wispies getting caught up.

I'm sure whoever receives the afghan will appreciate it, pilling and all. :)

I am currently working on the Pacifier Bear, http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/Baby_Pacifier.pdf, but I'm doing it in pink instead of blue. It's going to be a gift for my friend's niece, who is having a baby girl in January.

This is my first attempt to do a stuffed animal, so I'm hoping it will turn out as cute as the picture. So far, it's looking pretty good. It took forever for me to get the loop stitch figured out though. My hook and my fingers just didn't want to do that stitch.

I'm getting ready for a Xmas Boutique on Nov 5th. I'm making a bunch of those little 'mini clutch purses' from the lion brand free pattern site...then I found a neat looking pouch purse, didn't like the pattern and made my own up...they are so cute..I'll have to write up the easy way of making these and post it.

I'll take pictures of these purses soon and post also.

crochetingfool :hook

Linda Ü

I am working on a charity afghan, approx. 60 in x by 40 in. It has wide bands of azure blue (15 rows), then a band of white (5 rows), than a thin sage green band (3 rows), then white, then wide blue. This is repeated 3 times. I'm on the second to last band of white, which I"ll finish tonight, and probably get through the 3 rows of green, too, then I just have the wide 15-row band of blue. Will post phots when done. Very nice for a teenage boy. Two nights ago I was working on a ruffled scarf for my sister for her birthday in 2 weeks, but ran out of Paton's Divine in rose a row and a half short! :eek Darn, gotta go to the LYS this weekend. Shucks! I have a few other Christmas presents that are nearly done, but I've put them all on hold to get these blankets out ASAP. My mom just gave me a bunch to donate, so I want to get mine done so I can hand them all over at once. I washed hers to make sure ends wouldn't pop out and they did, so I need to do alittle more weaving on some of hers (she hates weaving and tries to slide by with knotting). This blue afghan is the largest project I've ever made and I'm very proud of myself (pats self on back here). Patty

I will be working on getting a scarf for my swap partner finished today...Don't have much more to go, but I had to put it aside for a couple of days to get the Double Trouble bookmark done that I tested for Eva. Now that the bookmark is done, I can get back to scarf mania! I am dying to get my swap stuff done - I have a drawer full of new yarn just screaming my name - I am doing a bolero for my mom for Christmas, a bolero and shawl for myself...Can't want to get my hand on that yarn!!

Laurie:hook

Well, let's see, tonight I have my monthly *knitting club* where I take my crochet :) I finished a poncho last night for my oldest neice (although I htink it's a little bigger than hte others I've made her) and tonight i'll probably start on a matching one for her baby twin sisters. The idea is to have all the baby girls in matching ponchos, and if i have enough, a matching scarf for mom...so her whole family can get their christmas picture done :)

Either that or working on my never-ending, gargantuan blanket (See YIKES thread)

(she hates weaving and tries to slide by with knotting).

Oooh I hate that! We get a lot of donated Warm Up America squares, and I have seen a few with big honking knots in them, with little 3/4" yarn nubs sticking out. I hope those knots hold with repeated washing!!!!

I thought I'd jump in to say that today I'm working on finishing up my Ribbon Weave Felted Tote. I have 4 more rounds to go and then I can start the felting process. I'm so excited...this is my first felting project ever! :cheer

I just finished my first FCEC felted tote last night....(will hopefully put up pictures tomorrow) and I am starting another tote today....I love this pattern. This time I am doing it in a grey/black combo.

It's a weekday and I have to give most of my time to my employer, so I brought one of my take-alongs to work on at lunch; another curly scarf. I don't have a clue what type yarn this is. Someone gave me 8 skeins of it and none of them have labels. I don't know whether you'd call it an ombre or a variegated, or maybe even a purple tweed. It's kind of a bulky two ply and each ply is variegated, but they don't match up, if you know what I mean. Where one ply is purple, the other might be a deep blue, and so on. It's really quite lovely. Anyway, on the way home from work tonight I must stop at Michaels to see if I can find a nice fluffy yarn (preferably Carmen - I love that stuff) to do the last couple of rows on it. I did a similar one this weekend with Homespun in Shaker and Carmen in Ivory. I don't know if I'll be able to wear it, because every time I show it to someone I can't stop "petting" it. I'll try to post a picture on another thread to show you all.

I'm working on a special SP gift for my reveal package. OMG it's beautiful so far! I also am working on two knitted dishcloths and a few granny squares for a friend's comfortghan. And a few clay projects :)Of course I have a whole list of what I NEED to be making..oh well! lol

Donna

the only project I have going right now that's appealing to me is my un-Seraphina shawl... My room's a pit and I seriously need to stash bust, so I'm using up some cotton chenille I bought from Melanie awhile back. It's a minty green and turning out so soft and suede-y, it's just taking for-e-ver with an H hook!

My crochet project for today is toddler sized mittens to go with a cute little hat I made yesterday. I keep getting side tracked though, first I decided to felt some hook handles (dyed the roving for that last night) then my neighbor had some crochet questions, oh, and there was of course, holding class today for kiddo (Ancient Rome, Spelling, Writing) and then I helped the neighbor order yarn for a baby blanket she wants to make, took pictures of the purse with no name for the CPAD calendar so I can finally send her the pattern.... and now here I sit surfing C'ville rofl. So, no mittens yet, but I am getting around to 'em, really I am ;)

Archived