Trying to Finish an Old Project

Mariev2

Question

Over 20 years ago, my grandmother started this afghan for me. She passed away before she could finish it. I kept what she had gotten done because it was special to me and hoped to finish it some day. I have started crocheting and pulled out the afghan hoping I would recognize the pattern. Sadly, I do not even know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-67675-0-65492400-1371343185_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Your grandmother's work is very pretty.

It looks as though it may be the "Indian Pathway"- afghan pattern #1183 at Shady Lane. If you look very close you can see the diamond pattern on the white sections of the pillow and afghan and the dark stripes look like the trellis look on yours. It is listed under Shady Lane's Oldies but Goodies (5th photo down).

Hope you find this pattern so you can finish your treasure.

I found the booklet for sale here also (scroll down to #GS3814 pamphlet). Sorry, I'm just not coming up with a free pattern.

Is this pattern found anywhere else?

YIKES!  Be careful--- I opened that Google doc that comes up in the search results in 'Google search' when I was looking for "Indian pathway afghan pattern" (3rd result down) and Norton gave me that WARNING page... so I got out of there quick and did a virus scan, but it found nothing.... just wanted to warn you that Norton didn't like it, so don't go there! Norton may have removed something before the scan ran, I'm not sure.

I checked the site again and it's fine. I use Norton also and did a quick ck on it. No problems and the site is usually a safe site.

YIKES!  Be careful--- I opened that Google doc that comes up in the search results in 'Google search' when I was looking for "Indian pathway afghan pattern" (3rd result down) and Norton gave me that WARNING page... so I got out of there quick and did a virus scan, but it found nothing.... just wanted to warn you that Norton didn't like it, so don't go there! Norton may have removed something before the scan ran, I'm not sure.

I checked the site again and it's fine. I use Norton also and did a quick ck on it. No problems and the site is usually a safe site.

Hi Reni- sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was the site you linked to...

It was just a site that came up, the 3rd result, when I did a google search, just in case someone else wanted to help look for a pattern. The page looks innocent enough, but Norton showed that warning page so I got out of there fast.

I just wanted to warn anyone else that might be looking not to click on the page that is a google doc of patterns, in case they found it too.

Yes indeed, this is an afghan I designed in the mid 1980's called Indian Pathway.  It's available on my Shady Lane website in the Oldies but Goodies section.  It is available as a printed pattern or as a download in a booklet called "Classic Native American Afghans."

It's a very easy pattern.

Carol Hegar

Archived