June Charity Summer Splash! 6/20-6/25

Hello, everyone.  It's almost time for the June Get-Together for Charity.  For those who haven't participated before, it's six days when a number of us get together and work on items that will be donated to the charity of our choice.  The Items can be for animals or people as long as it's for someone in need.  And with all the wild and wooly weather over the last month there are lots in need of just about anything and everything.  The items can be crocheted, knitted, sewn, felted, tied, or whatever.

I may be doing some of mine by the pool, as it's turned really warm in Georgia now, hence the "splash" in the title.  We start on Thursday morning officially (although some of us start a little early) and end at midnight on Tuesday (although, again, some go a little past that) and then post our individual totals over the next 2 - 3 days in nice Bright, Bold colors and I attempt to get the grand totals posted by that weekend.  (I did eventually get the May Totals done. :P )  We understand that life sometimes gets in the way and that's okay.

We chat about what we are making and share photos with each other.  It doesn't matter how much or how little each of us gets done.  Again, life can get in the way some months.  It's nice to see just how much all our little bits do for others when they are put together with other people's little bits.  All are welcome.  So come and join us for a few hours or the whole six days.  We need cheerleaders, too.  So even if you don't join, you can cheer us on.  :cheer 

Looking forward to seeing you next week.  :manyheart 

I hope to participate but I can't seem to choose my project. 

I am very tempted to try another lapghan but it's been a while since I had the stamina to complete one.

Will decide by next week. :think

I'm crocheting again, so I'm in. I had promised I would contribute over on the baby blankets for the NICU thread (I don't remember now who originated it), so I am starting on those - today actually. I'll still be working on them during this CAL. They are real stash busters. I have some Caron Simply Soft that I got to try out (verdict - I don't like it at all) and some Bernat peach I bought online when I was trying to find something to match a variegated (nothing did and it has since been discontinued, and good riddance, I say). They'll be larger than premie or maybe even baby size, but she said even child size would be ok. They are going to be whatever size it takes to use up those skeins of yarn. The Simply Soft is going into a sort of granny square; the peach will be a 14 point round ripple. I try to stick to a few brands, but I have a few other random skeins that I want to use up one way or another. Maybe they can star in future months.

I have some Caron Simply Soft that I got to try out (verdict - I don't like it at all) .

I'm with you there.  Not only do I not want it in my stash; I don't want it on my planet!!!

:rofl

Welcome, Donna, Darski, and cshort.  I've got a baby blanket that needs 4 more squares before I can assemble it, several prayer shawls in process, and a sewn baby blanket to work on.  I'm not sure which one(s) will get the nod, but they all would qualify for here.

I really like that pattern and printed it out. I've considered asking if the hospice could use shawls as well as lapghans. 

So happy to see the site back up. I have one hat done and am working on a ripple lapghan. Here is a photo of my hat for the Warmth for Warriors hat drive.

I hope everyone is doing well with their projects and now that the 'Ville is back up hopefully we can share more.

9110110937_97f18a4d4d_n.jpg

I have one cat mat and one beanie hat done. (I was swearing at my computer this weekend, thought it was to blame for my lack of 'ville!) no pictures yet, but they are on the way tonight.

I finished the Simply Soft (ick) baby blanket except for a few ends that I still haven't gotten around to weaving in. I'm off the next couple of days and can do it then. I've started the one in Bernat peach. I had three cakes of it - I'm about 2/3 through the second. These are both round ripples. I trashed the granny squares I had started with with the Simply Soft - a story I won't bore you with here, and turned it into a round ripple. I like doing those, and they're great for using up stuff since it doesn't matter if you don't have "enough." They will still be symmetrical with improvisation. I hope I can completely finish both by Tuesday night.

I won't be able to get pics up until Wed. afternoon.

I am soooo glad to see the site back up!  I, too, thought it was my computer acting up, but couldn't figure out the message that kept popping up.  I'm still working on the second prayer shawl.  I had it with me at work yesterday, but was too busy to work on it.  :lol   Good for the store, but bad for accomplishing anything.  :P

I've crocheted to the point that my hands are giving me fits.  Probably partly due to the arthritis in my joints and the weather changes that are moving in.  But this one is almost done.

Welcome, krazychrocheter!

Well I got my lapghan about half done. It's one of those long ones that you can use to cover your legs for those in a wheelchair. I guess I can finish it up next month. So my results are:

One hat for the troops

Nearly half done wheelchair lapghan

1 cat mat

1 beanie hat

I can't figure out how to do the colors.  Oh well.  Not my best weekend.  Had a lot of wacky stuff come up and had to work on Saturday so that took a bit out of my time!

I don't usually count beanie hats during the year.  I make them and then I do two craft shows in the fall. The ones that don't sell go to charity.

I finished a lot more than I thought I would.

30 wheelchair bags

2 lapghans

I took pictures like I usually do but for some reason I'm being told they're too large to load.

I am so sorry but I didn't get anything done.  Just not a productive time.  I did get several rows of the boring trc V-stitches done but then I just went AWOL for crochet :(

I finished a lot more than I thought I would.

30 wheelchair bags

2 lapghans

I took pictures like I usually do but for some reason I'm being told they're too large to load.

You did 30 wheelchair bags? Amazing -- you must crochet when sleeping. :lol

Seriously that is wonderful and they will be such wonderful gifts for people to use.

Congrats to all for your accomplishments. See you all next month.

Archived