Storage solution for my yarn stash and patterns

My yarn was hidden away all over my house...laundry/storage room, various closets, my car, on top of my dresser, in my dresser, on my wardrobe closet...everywhere! The problem is that I never knew what I had so I just kept buying more. I finally committed myself to coming out of the closet with my yarn addiction and showing off what I have. So I moved the 2 bookcases from my living room to my basement TV room. I replaced them with the Ikea Expedit bookshelf. Wow! What a difference. The yarn is beautiful on display. I have bins for scraps. Drawers for notions. And even space for the magazines, loose patterns, and pattern books. All neatly organized on display for the world (well...for everyone who comes to my house) to see. I can now breathe. I no longer try to hide my yarn. post-48806-0-42116700-1370920781_thumb.jpg

Oooh, I'm so jealous! I have my yarn stuffed in nooks and crannies all over the house. I'm afraid if I had it all neatly organized like you do it would be a cat magnet, the two of them would be having a field day poking in those cubbies, lol.

Hmmm, I see you also have a thing about collecting pink yarn, too... love it!

Looks great!!

I have yarn in shoe thingys for the closet, in a huge cabinet in bedroom, lying everywhere in bedroom, in my totes...I need help!!

I love it. :heart  Most of my yarn is stored in boxes in what my hubby and I call our "Hobby Room."  But I also have yarn in bags piled up in front of my dresser in the bedroom and in bags between the dining room table and my rocking chair in the living/dining room.  I would love something like you have.  But I think instead of crocheting I would just stand in front of it all day just admiring all my yarn.  Thanks for sharing and telling us where you got the shelving. :yay:woo:yay

That's wonderful!  We're moving in a few weeks (out of a 107 year old house with 0 closets) and I've been thinking about how to better organize my stashes of yarn and fabric (I also crochet rugs with old t-shirts and sheets).  This is a great idea.

Archived