Closed: Lacy Shawl/Wrap

Pattern Information

Pattern Description: This is a crochet pattern for a square type shawl/wrap that will drap in different ways on the wearer.

Pattern Style: Written in US terms

Skill Level: Intermediate

Yarn/Material/Tools Required: Sample in pattern was worked using approximately 700g of cotton yarn using 3.75mm or Size F needle; second sample using approximately 500g (I found this to be insufficient and will need to buy more yarn) of sock wool using 3.75mm or Size F needle.

Tester Information

Number of Testers Needed: 3

Approximate Time Required to Complete Project: 3 weeks

Deadline: 1 July 2013

Tester Experience: Should have experience completing larger projects such as shawls, agfhans etc.

Tester Responsibilities: Testers are expected to complete the project as indicated in the instructions, point out inconsistencies or errors in the written instructions; make suggestions to clarify instructions should the written instructions seem unclear or conflicting; take photos of completed project.

Any Special Software Requirements: PDF reader

Compensation

Testers will be provided with a soft copy of the final pattern file once all amendments are made.

Testers who are keen to test this pattern should send me a personal message with your email address as well as photos or links to completed larger projects.

post-6072-0-02769600-1370774106_thumb.jpg

I agree about having little patience for larger projects. I actually designed this last year. Took me so long to put the pattern together, take photos etc. I just ran out of yarn for my second piece. Now I am left with a shawl  that is too large for a shawlet, too small for an actual shawl.... arghhhh

One question. Is this one piece or motifs that have to be joined?

I'd love to test this for you, but I don't know if I can finish it by July 1st.

Hi Braxxi,

I do not require testers to use any particular yarn and so it may not take as many rows if you are planning to use a thicker yarn than I have. The pattern is designed so that you can use any weight yarn to work to the size you want. Let me know if you are still keen to test. My suggestion would be to use a thicker yarn than I did if you want to work fewer rows and repeats and finish the project faster.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived