Crochet Jewelry

wheat

With so many wonderful new findings that are easily suitable for fiber jewelry - I have been thinking about crochet jewelry and wondering what others might be doing

Not thinking strictly about beads, but this seemed the most logical place to ask for some I-Candy type inspiration.

Your thoughts?

:)You are always so helpful and informative that I wanted to share with you my thoughts. I do love crochet but when it comes to jewelry I find using cotton thread to be most desirable to me. With tiny steel hooks, and tatting thread up to size 10 thread can make gorgeous miniature flowers for earrings. Interesting granny squares can also be crafted into earrings. Necklaces that I make,I enjoy using mixed media in crocheting a wire chain and incorporating crocheted cotton beads into my wire or decorating with a charm made from fabric or crochet.

I adore seed beads and beaded items, but without beads I don't much prefer jewelry out of yarn. I do love knotted bracelets so maybe those in a bobble stitch or something with an embellishment can be pretty but again I would probably use cotton even though I use acrylic yarn the most lately. I would say this because cotton breathes much better than acrylic.

As this is just my opinion, I'm sure you'll find many people that feel the total opposite from me.

• 2 months later...

I make a lot of totes, and I like to make just a little 2" wide flap over the top to the front. Rather than use a large button on the front, I've become fond of using pendants at the end of the flaps. They are pretty and have just enough heft to flap over to the front and stay put.

Archived