Hi! My name is Brandy. I am the proud new owner of Whispered Whimsy. I sell hand crocheted fantasy creatures! All if my creations are ooak through free form crochet. No patterns are used. I would live to get some feedback of what you think of my shop and maybe some ideas on where and how to promote. Thanks so much for looking!!

www.whisperedwhimsy.etsy.com

I edited the first post and fixed the link for you so it's clickable.

Your items are very unique and look very well-made.

I would suggest you think about your target customers. What would they be interested in that would cause them to be interested in your products? Do people interested in those subjects typically have the income to pay your prices? Where do people with these interests hang out online? Find those places. If they have online communities, join them. Read the community's posting and advertising policies and be sure you follow them. Purchase advertising if necessary.

For instance, you're an indie crafter so you can post here in accordance with our free advertising policies. Crochetville members are not your target audience, since they want to crochet things for themselves. However, Crochetville comes up quite high in lots of crochet related searches, so there's a possibility that someone doing a Google search for crocheted items may come across links to discussion topics you've posted here in the appropriate areas. You probably won't get a lot of hits from this, but since it costs you nothing but a bit of time, it's probably worth doing.

Create a Facebook page. Search out pages about the interests of your target market. Like those pages as your business page. You can take part in Facebook conversations, but be sure to check out each page's policies, as many businesses don't want advertising on their page. So it may be okay to post as your business page, but you shouldn't include a link to your Facebook page in your post itself.

Read the seller's forum on Etsy for tips on what to do on Etsy to get your products noticed.

I'm sure others will have ideas, too.

Brandy,

When presenting your business it is always a good practice not to "assume"  -  as an example, many people do know what OOAK means - maybe more do not <G>

There are many studies out there that about not understanding can stop all related thoughts in their tracks, which means instead of you continuing to lead them to complete the sale.  They have to stop and find out what OOAK means and that may not mean time to get back and BUY

HTH (Hope This Helps)

Archived