Tampa Doll

C’Ville June 2013 Tote

Well, if you like purple, this is the tote for you.

I was quite busy this month, so when I realized the month was almost done, I went into my closet and said, “It is June who wants to be a tote?”

The color is perfect and it reminds me of the Lilacs Mom use to bring into the house and put in a vase.  When you walked out our front door, you had to be careful of the bees.  On the trellis in the back, was honeysuckle, on the side trellis was the climbing roses and in front of them, was a large lilac bush.  My Mom loved those flowers and in was one of the few she could bring in, due to my allergies.  June was Mom’s purple month.  We had a lilac pattern table cloth for Sunday dinners, and purple cloth napkins.

As you can guess this tote#87 is called Lilacs.

The main part of the tote is P&C Lilac Ombre. The sides and handles are S&C Purple, trimmed in Barnet White.  The pocket is America’s Best in Lilac and Dark purple.

This one I like.  It was put together fast, as I was very busy this month and I think it came out the best.  But I say that about all my totes.

More pictures

post-105-0-81994800-1369832531_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I love the way the colors pooled!  May HAS flown by,can't believe the year is half way over.  Can't wait to congratulate the next Bag Lady,wonderful and beautiful bag Mary Jo! :)

Oh I just love it! One of my most favorite flowers, too! And, Mary Jo, I just love your stories, and those others share with us. I can't wait to see who the lucky person is who gets to join your club. :c9

OMG....It's time for the June Tote???   Where has May gone?  

Love the colors and can't wait for the clues.  :yes 

Another in a long line of beautiful totes.....

Cheryl

Beautiful Mary Jo :manyheart  I love the colors

And now the funny thing......

Yesterday I came on and was so excited that I realized it was nearing the end of the month early enough to play along with the clues!!!  So I opened up the tote thread and made my post :oops  Totally not noticing that it was May's tote and NOT June's tote!  Of course, you can imagine my surprise and embarassment when I opened up today to find the 'real' June tote thread :eek:blush

OK, so that's my 'moment' of the week I guess :rofl

It's purddddyyyy! =)

I do love how the colors all come together for you.

Another W00T W00T Tote (meaning... great job).  LOL

Mary Jo -

EVERYTHING you wrote above I could've easily written--maybe we're twins??? :lol 

My mom also loved flowers especially lilacs and hyichins (sp?). I also LOVE honeysuckle and last year for my birthday my oldest son bought me a huge honeysuckle bush (just this morning i trimmed it a little) I LOVE anything honeysuckle scented!!

Whoever receives this tote will be thrilled....as always. :c9 

Good luck to all and anxious for the clues for this beauty. :devil 

Mary Jo, another gorgeous tote.  Purple is my favorite color, so I am madly in love with this one.  Our newest bag lady will be very happy indeed. 

It is beautiful! My mom received a lilac from one of my teachers. It was planted in front of our house in her "garden" my sister and I were evil and accidentally rode a bike over it and broke it down to a nub above the ground. We felt so bad. But lilacs are hardy and now more than 30 years later it blocks the view from the kitchen window. I love your stories the bring back many memories for me as well. Oh yeah the town I live in is called "the lilac city"

So now your yarn talks to you - LOL

Another beautiful tote and once again, where did the last month go!!!!

Another beautiful bag. You do such a wonderful job tying these bags into each month of your memories, and getting us thinking, too.

Last weekend I picked a huge armful of Mom's beautiful lilacs (my brother still lives in our family home). The whole backyard smelled sweet from that long row of purple and white blossoms, just glorious! That smell brought back so many memories of my childhood, working in Mom's springtime gardens together. It was so nice to bring that sweet smelling bouquet home, but sadly, the flowers were drooping and falling the next day.

The best part of June, of course, was the last day of school!!

One of my favorite bushes that was here when we bought the house was the lilac, although it is more like a tree now.

I love the purple bag and I am not suprised the purple spoke to you.  It has an assertive way about it.

Another gorgeous tote! The colours are fantastic!

I can't believe May has gone so quick! May saw my little chunky monkey, Isabel, turn 6 months which also means that soon my mini-geek, Felicia, will be 2!!!! (July 10th).

I wonder what June will bring. Lets hope for a calm month eh? :hug

It's beautiful! Love the color, the flower, the story, all of it!  Looking forward the clues and congratulating the new owner.

Love this tote!!!! Can't wait for the clues!!! And lilacs are one of my favorites so this is the perfect name for this tote. Can't wait to see where it's headed!!!!!

Mary Jo, you've made another beautiful tote.  I can't wait to see who the excited recipient is going to be.  Purple is one of my favorite colors - after red.  My grandmother has never had lilacs that I know of, but she has always had different flowers in her garden.  Morning glories, petunias, violets, and at one time some beautiful pink roses...  I didn't inherit her green thumb, but I certainly appreciate the beauty that comes from her gardens.  If I lived closer to her, I'd commit myself to being at her house every day to share the gardening chores with her.  Maybe something would rub off.

The variegated colors of this bag couldn't have come together more beautifully.  You have such a talent!  You complete one of these every month...  It would take me so much longer to finish one, I'm just sure of it!

I always look forward to this thread every month.  Another WONDERFUL job, Mary Jo!

Christel

Oh my, lovely !!! This one is just beautiful Mary Jo, love the pattern it made!!! Hubby and I love lilacs too, we bought a lilac bush about 5 years ago and planted it in our yard (of course when we bought it, it was COVERED in blooms) the next few years, NOTHING. We did finally get a few blooms on it last year, so we shall see what happens this year, they do smell wonderful when it's a little windy and  the scent  breezes into the house when the windows are open. June is my favorite month, with our wedding anniversary and my birthday.  

Will be watching for the clues to see who gets this beauty!!! Just love it!!

My Mom was like yours ~ she had all the lilac colors growing in our yard when I was a child. My sisters and I would check the white ones each day, because she had told us rain would turn them brown and ruin them. We didn't want her to be disappointed, because she loved to put a huge bouquet on the dining room table. And for this, she would get out a huge white tablecloth crocheted by one of her grandmothers. The tablecloth and bouquet were beautiful on the golden oak table.

So pretty!  I love the 'stripes', I never have good luck like that with varigated yarn.

No lilacs for me - my husband turns into a swatting, whirling dervish if a bee gets near him.  He's not allergic, just not a bee fan.  We can't have anything that he thinks will attract bees.  :(

This is GORGEOUS!  For the first time, I almost, ALMOST, that is, wish I was not already a bag lady because purple is my absolute most favorite color in the world!  Whomever gets this bag is going to be one lucky new bag lady!  

Wow the month has gone by fast. Beautiful tote. Is there a game to win this tote ? I keep reading about clues.

Just beautiful!!! I love the purple.  It is my favorite color, and lilacas, I love them!!!! Another gorgeous bag!   I will be following the clues right to the next "bag ladys" door!