Butterfly Stitch...probably already been linked..

Bexx

wow...I didn't know there was such a thing...lol

but I'm the type that likes tight full patterns...so it's probably just that I've never come across it in those

I just came across this a few days ago and have been experimenting with swatches. It comes out very pretty. I think it would make a wonderful shawl border. I'm looking for a pretty flower pattern for the body - for a flower and butterfly shawl, perhaps in handpainted yarn.

I always thought that was called the 'Spider' stitch because it has 8 'legs' and looks like a spider. Just goes to show, you can learn something new everyday! Thanx for the link!

I got a stitch book from the library that had something like that, but just with three chains (legs,wings). I made a scarf with three repeats and the plan was to weave ribbon through the open bits, but I hated it so much. It was far prettier in my mind.

It was a really fun stitch pattern though, I wish I could think of something else to use it with.

I'm making an afghan with this stitch right now and I really like how it's turning out. Of course it is pretty open - but I am planning on sewing the completed afghan to some pretty, soft fleece, so no fingers or toes go poking through the open spaces. lol :)

Archived