Hello to all who read this. alittle about me and my love of crochet.

Born in alaska in 1968 to a military family, I was to say the least a hyper child,where oh where was ridalin. At the very pinnicle of my hyperactivity  my Nana  could no longer stand  having me buzzing around her home like a bull in a china shop.While she was knitting one day  I asked her to teach me  and she happily handed me my first set of mint green plastic warped size 8 needles and a ball of red heart super saver aqnd i was off and running,  while remaining seated.I was quite happy. Then in the 6th grade i found finger crochet with a little girl down the stree,living in england at the time,mom noticing string tied to the legs of her coffee table, never said i was a neat freak  heee hee, she gave me my first size g aluminum hook and some super saver yarn and  i was off.i then found stitchery,plastic canvas,and counted cross.All from female friends who i hung out with. Mooooooving forward in time  I am now 40 years old and My mother has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and is scheduled for a full radicall mastectomy.Keeping her spirits up was primary goal,and with Nana having passed a few years back and my sister and brother living elsewhere i took up the mantle of best friend and broke into her stash grabbed Nana's knitting needles and ,guess what, a skien of Red Heart Super Saver in navy blue,and we knitted and laughed and I was off and running . When my 27 year career as a hairdresser came to a scetching halt and I had to go on disability  find a sword to best the monster that was depression and time.that sword came to me in the guise of a brand new set of bamboo knitting needles and crochet hooks  and a set of steel  hooks. and with the help of my good friend the Internet I have found some new passions

1.  I no longer knit as much due to arthritis in my shoulder and parkinsons type spasms in my arms. So i have started crocheting about 8 hrs a day(it keeps the tremors at bay)

2. I have become a pattern junkie.Any patterns the older the better.

3.I  have a great passion for crocheted barbie gowns especially the vintage elaborate gowns (looking for the gowns Barbara Striesand wore in  "Hello Dolly"  hint hint)

we are now up to date  still single and crocheting as much as possible   still twitching  and  happyily living in San Antonio Texas.  I am always looking to chat with new people   its the hairdresser in me and the fact that I am a Gemini

Thank you for your Time , Patience , and curiosity.

friend to the world,

JIMMIE

post-67477-0-13080300-1369574500_thumb.jpg

Welcome.

No one here cares much if you're a girl or a guy.  We all share a love of yarn and working with our hands.  And we LOVE pics.  Can't wait to see your crochet work.

Welcome to the 'ville!  I look forward to seeing some of your work.  I also use crochet as therapy for my lupus and memory due to brain surgery.  We have a wonderful group here as you'll soon find out.  :welcome

Welcome.

No one here cares much if you're a girl or a guy.  We all share a love of yarn and working with our hands.  And we LOVE pics.  Can't wait to see your crochet work.

That may seem so to you, but his 5 replies to his post (which was up after mine) to my zero replies with 9 views says otherwise. Thanks for the 'warm' welcome.....

I'll take my crochet interest elsewhere, I think. Was really hoping to meet some nice people who share my passion.

:welcome Jimmie, from Pittsburgh

I loved reading your story, you sure have a way with words :yes

Hello to all who read this. alittle about me and my love of crochet.

Born in alaska in 1968 to a military family, I was to say the least a hyper child,where oh where was ridalin. At the very pinnicle of my hyperactivity  my Nana  could no longer stand  having me buzzing around her home like a bull in a china shop.While she was knitting one day  I asked her to teach me  and she happily handed me my first set of mint green plastic warped size 8 needles and a ball of red heart super saver aqnd i was off and running,  while remaining seated.I was quite happy. Then in the 6th grade i found finger crochet with a little girl down the stree,living in england at the time,mom noticing string tied to the legs of her coffee table, never said i was a neat freak  heee hee, she gave me my first size g aluminum hook and some super saver yarn and  i was off.i then found stitchery,plastic canvas,and counted cross.All from female friends who i hung out with. Mooooooving forward in time  I am now 40 years old and My mother has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and is scheduled for a full radicall mastectomy.Keeping her spirits up was primary goal,and with Nana having passed a few years back and my sister and brother living elsewhere i took up the mantle of best friend and broke into her stash grabbed Nana's knitting needles and ,guess what, a skien of Red Heart Super Saver in navy blue,and we knitted and laughed and I was off and running . When my 27 year career as a hairdresser came to a scetching halt and I had to go on disability  find a sword to best the monster that was depression and time.that sword came to me in the guise of a brand new set of bamboo knitting needles and crochet hooks  and a set of steel  hooks. and with the help of my good friend the Internet I have found some new passions

1.  I no longer knit as much due to arthritis in my shoulder and parkinsons type spasms in my arms. So i have started crocheting about 8 hrs a day(it keeps the tremors at bay)

2. I have become a pattern junkie.Any patterns the older the better.

3.I  have a great passion for crocheted barbie gowns especially the vintage elaborate gowns (looking for the gowns Barbara Striesand wore in  "Hello Dolly"  hint hint)

we are now up to date  still single and crocheting as much as possible   still twitching  and  happyily living in San Antonio Texas.  I am always looking to chat with new people   its the hairdresser in me and the fact that I am a Gemini

Thank you for your Time , Patience , and curiosity.

friend to the world,

JIMMIE

Welcome to Crochetville from another guy. You'll find this is the friendliest place on the web for crocheters. As you know, crochet is not a feminine skill, just a skill. Can't wait to see some of your crochet!

Archived