Hi there fellow crocheters! My name is Shelly and I've been crocheting for 2 years. I used to be a quilter and quilt designer for about 5 years but a change in life and such caused me to change hobbies.

I love crochet more than quilting because whipping up an afghan takes a fraction of the time and materials. Plus, if I make a mistake, I can just unravel it and do it over! No materials lost! (99% of the time)

I started a blog in 2011 to post photos of things I make, sort of an online public diary to watch how I grow with crochet. I post a lot of photos of my projects mainly because I, myself, love to look at photos of crochet.

I mostly love to make afghan throws, a.k.a Lapghans. And my utmost favorite yarn currently is Bernat Satin. I used to love Caron Simply Soft but I have found that you pretty much get what you pay for. Thin, easily unraveled skein of yarn that almost always has a giant knotted mess inside. 

My blog is http://missedstitches.blogspot.com. I don't sell anything on it, so it's not advertising. I chose the name Missed Stitches because that's pretty much me in crochet! I always miss a stitch or three somewhere along the way. =)

Currently, I'm making afghans for Xmas presents. Thought I'd get a headstart so that I'm not rushing at the last minute and making too many mistakes! Please share your photos/blogs with me! I love to browse crochet by others!

Welcome from Bay Ridge Brooklyn.  I am in the middle of crocheting an afghan, but haven't picked it up in a while.  I need to get back to it.

Enjoy  :cheer

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome   to Crochetville from the West Coast of Florida

welcome to crochetville

Welcome. I love bernat satin as well. My loving hubby just surprised me with loads of it earlier this year. It is soooo soft.

Hello from south Florida! :waving 

Howdy from Oklahoma Shelly

Welcome to Crochetville

:welcome Shelly, from Pittsburgh

Hi there fellow crocheters! My name is Shelly and I've been crocheting for 2 years. I used to be a quilter and quilt designer for about 5 years but a change in life and such caused me to change hobbies.

I love crochet more than quilting because whipping up an afghan takes a fraction of the time and materials. Plus, if I make a mistake, I can just unravel it and do it over! No materials lost! (99% of the time)

I started a blog in 2011 to post photos of things I make, sort of an online public diary to watch how I grow with crochet. I post a lot of photos of my projects mainly because I, myself, love to look at photos of crochet.

I mostly love to make afghan throws, a.k.a Lapghans. And my utmost favorite yarn currently is Bernat Satin. I used to love Caron Simply Soft but I have found that you pretty much get what you pay for. Thin, easily unraveled skein of yarn that almost always has a giant knotted mess inside. 

My blog is http://missedstitches.blogspot.com. I don't sell anything on it, so it's not advertising. I chose the name Missed Stitches because that's pretty much me in crochet! I always miss a stitch or three somewhere along the way. =)

Currently, I'm making afghans for Xmas presents. Thought I'd get a headstart so that I'm not rushing at the last minute and making too many mistakes! Please share your photos/blogs with me! I love to browse crochet by others!

Hello and Welcome from the UK!!! :hi