Greetings from Central Ohio

Hi there fellow crocheters! My name is Shelly and I've been crocheting for 2 years. I used to be a quilter and quilt designer for about 5 years but a change in life and such caused me to change hobbies.

I love crochet more than quilting because whipping up an afghan takes a fraction of the time and materials. Plus, if I make a mistake, I can just unravel it and do it over! No materials lost! (99% of the time)

I started a blog in 2011 to post photos of things I make, sort of an online public diary to watch how I grow with crochet. I post a lot of photos of my projects mainly because I, myself, love to look at photos of crochet.

I mostly love to make afghan throws, a.k.a Lapghans. And my utmost favorite yarn currently is Bernat Satin. I used to love Caron Simply Soft but I have found that you pretty much get what you pay for. Thin, easily unraveled skein of yarn that almost always has a giant knotted mess inside. 

My blog is http://missedstitches.blogspot.com. I don't sell anything on it, so it's not advertising. I chose the name Missed Stitches because that's pretty much me in crochet! I always miss a stitch or three somewhere along the way. =)

Currently, I'm making afghans for Xmas presents. Thought I'd get a headstart so that I'm not rushing at the last minute and making too many mistakes! Please share your photos/blogs with me! I love to browse crochet by others!

:welcome Shelly, from Pittsburgh

Hi there fellow crocheters! My name is Shelly and I've been crocheting for 2 years. I used to be a quilter and quilt designer for about 5 years but a change in life and such caused me to change hobbies.

I love crochet more than quilting because whipping up an afghan takes a fraction of the time and materials. Plus, if I make a mistake, I can just unravel it and do it over! No materials lost! (99% of the time)

I started a blog in 2011 to post photos of things I make, sort of an online public diary to watch how I grow with crochet. I post a lot of photos of my projects mainly because I, myself, love to look at photos of crochet.

I mostly love to make afghan throws, a.k.a Lapghans. And my utmost favorite yarn currently is Bernat Satin. I used to love Caron Simply Soft but I have found that you pretty much get what you pay for. Thin, easily unraveled skein of yarn that almost always has a giant knotted mess inside. 

My blog is http://missedstitches.blogspot.com. I don't sell anything on it, so it's not advertising. I chose the name Missed Stitches because that's pretty much me in crochet! I always miss a stitch or three somewhere along the way. =)

Currently, I'm making afghans for Xmas presents. Thought I'd get a headstart so that I'm not rushing at the last minute and making too many mistakes! Please share your photos/blogs with me! I love to browse crochet by others!

Archived