Williston Shawl

Jayashiangel

Love this patterns design as well as the limited amount of yarn needed to complete a nice shawl to donate. These shawls took only 2 skeins or 14 oz I used a K hook as I was having some issues getting it to look right with a L hook however I have started my third shawl using L hook and it drapes very nicely...I had a very hard time understanding the beginning part of this pattern so I am attaching some assistance directions from Greyhoundgrandma that really helped me get this pattern going....

Whichever way you do the first row, you need 7 stitches in it.  These are rows to turn and go back the other way, not rounds.

With the second row, you turn, the ch 3 counts as the first stitch. V stitch in the second dc of the first row; dc in the third dc of the first row; v stitch in the fourth dc; dc in the fifth dc; v stitch in the sixth dc. Last you dc in the top of the ch 3 which is the seventh stitch of the first row.

post-35509-0-68455200-1369410086_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-65798100-1369410100_thumb.jpg

Made this shawl for an employee's mom.. I changed the top to allow more of a curve worked up great.. Love this light quick pattern.The employee's sister already requested one for her self and will be paying me for it.. :O)

post-35509-0-16929700-1369611991_thumb.jpg

Yes the tip helped me I tend to get confused when you do more then DC/HDC or SC.. Plus it helps to read and check what you read the other morning I started a new shawl and was going along and I was like wow this is very square why is that? keep re checking realized I forgot a V stitch in the beginning and had to rip out and start again looked alot better...

• 1 month later...

all beautiful and look like they will drape beautifully.  good work that you do.  thanks for the link to the instructions and all the helpful hints.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived