Granny Up For Oklahoma

mandymae

A co-worker of mine is collecting granny squares to put into afghans to donate to the people in Moore, OK. She is very appreciative of any help anyone can provide!

All of the information is listed in her blog post below (titled "Oklahoma"), and I'd be happy to ask her any additional questions you may have!

craftedheartsalliance.blogspot.com

post-35506-0-98044600-1369487580_thumb.jpg

I am actually a little unclear with that, as well, so I will shoot her an email first thing in the morning and let you know!

I just read her blog and it said fourth round in white and the finished square should be 4 x 4, mine are coming out 5 x 5.  Which is better 4 rounds or 4 x 4?  Puting together granny squares myself I know how important  everyone following the rules is!   Thanks!  Charlene

I told her that my squares are coming out big, as well. I've been measuring each one and mine are coming out around 5.5x5.5. I can ask and see which she would prefer.

ETA: I just talked to Lindsay on Facebook, and she said she'd rather have 4x4. I have too many squares done already to try to get mine down to 4x4, so I'm just going to make enough to where she can turn my squares into one afghan.

• 3 weeks later...

This drive is still pushing forward! Lindsay made a post on the CHA facebook page stating that she's received nearly 200 squares so far! I have 34 done and am aiming to do 50.

Hi Mandy,

I think i have pinpointed the confusion in said 4 by 4 squares. I think the web page says row four should be white. When i did a couple, it's row three to me, as I don't count the ch ring, join as row one, I count the yo yo as row one, then another row of color, then the white. Perfect 4 by 4, with an h hook.....I think she may have been counting the ch 3 or (4)and join to make a ring,as a first row, and , then the fourth row, would be white. That's my thought anyway, with the fourth row white, counting the ring, it's 5 by 5. So there we have it, no more confusion! lol

FOrgive the lousy pic, batteries must be low....

post-40621-0-91476100-1371226532_thumb.jpg

That would explain it! I never count the ring, so I just assumed 4 rounds total. Glad everything is ironed out now!

attachicon.gif100_3429.jpg I will have 16 for her ready to go in the am, if someone tells me where to send them!!         thanks.

They look great! Katie, check your PMs, i sent you the address. For anyone else who is having a hard time finding the addy to send them, it is on the blog under the post titled "Oklahoma". You can also PM me if you want and I can give it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

As of last week Thursday, Lindsay had received 276 squares! She is still collecting if anyone is interested in making/shipping a few!

Archived