DesertCrocheter

JUne 2013 Square Swap--Swapping

I got the Square in the mail :mailbox (yesterday).    Fingers crossed that Tammy Likes it.

Cheryl

Well, yes, making a new friend is part of swapping, but sometimes life gets out of control very suddenly, and June is such a big event month for so many of us (I had a nephew's graduation yesterday myself, a baby shower last weekend, and three birthdays that i can think of off the top of my head).

Some people just aren't super communicators, either. I fall into that category myself (and I'm the coordinator!). Ask Kidge--she's my partner in the birthday swap right now. I try to make up for not being a great communicator by sending fabulous yarn instead.

A lot of people have gotten so used to instant communication that they forget not everyone lives on their laptop or has a smartphone, or even if they do, that they are online 24/7. I just like to remind people there is life outside online forums. And to not be too upset if their partner is busy or not the best emailer.

Duly noted Patty!

I turned my air conditioning on last night, because we hit a high of 108 degrees, and it blew hot air out at me. So guess who is now the fourth person to have to work half a day so I can wait for a repairman?  Don't worry, my house is dual cool, so right now the swamp cooler is keeping it at about 75 during the day, and cooling it off to 66-70 overnight, so nobody is melting. Yet.

Can't wait to see the lacy squares!

I turned my air conditioning on last night, because we hit a high of 108 degrees, and it blew hot air out at me. So guess who is now the fourth person to have to work half a day so I can wait for a repairman?  Don't worry, my house is dual cool, so right now the swamp cooler is keeping it at about 75 during the day, and cooling it off to 66-70 overnight, so nobody is melting. Yet.

Can't wait to see the lacy squares!

Oh No...I hate it when that happens.   Hope it gets fixed soon and glad that you have a backup. 

We had a new furnace and air conditioner installed in the winter and when we turned the air on this year it didn't work   :no    It seems that all the Freon leaked out in a small break that happened during installation.   They fixed it the same day and then it never got hot enough (yet) to need it.  :P 

Yup, no freon, and the coil is broken, but it's a two-part something or other and they only have one part, so they are ordering the other one. The killer is, although the unit and parts are under warranty, the labor will be $500. !!!   :reyes  Big sigh here.

Show me pretty lacy squares to make me feel better, please. :lol

I got the Square in the mail :mailbox (yesterday).    Fingers crossed that Tammy Likes it.

Cheryl

I got it! Thank you so much. I love Hobby Lobby's cotton yarn. And the pattern is beautiful... :manyheart

I got Cathoms square in the mail yesterday...let the stalking of the mail person begin. lol  They said you should have it by Saturday.

I received my square from Janet yesterday and it is beautiful!  And I know that she has received mine because she emailed me.  I will try to post pictures this weekend.

WooHoo...Got my square in the mail today.  Beeeautiful...I love it (them)

Tammy had an issue with making a decision and I was the lucky recipient of that indecision.  :manyheart 

I will post pictures tomorrow....Just opened the mail.

Cheryl

• Like 1

Ok... I tried to post but when I was look at the preview I couldn't find a place to post! 

:ty  Deb, for the BEAUTIFUL, super soft pink square. It's perfect! And thanks for telling me where I can get the pattern so I can make more.

This is my first swap here and I have learned a lot. Yes, Patty, life does sometimes get in the way. We have been dealing with fridge issues too. (It cost us $80-some to find out that it will cost $1000 to fix ours! I guess we will be getting a new one but we will have to nurse this one along until the first of the month.)

This is the beautiful square Deb sent me.

post-12117-0-31343200-1371605834_thumb.jpg

I'm so glad you like the square Janet!  I have taken the picture of the beautiful one that you sent me but I'm still waiting to hear what pattern and yarn you used.  I would love an entire afghan of it!  I swear that square is just so "me"!  I promise I will post a picture this week.  Like you all have said...life is getting in the way! :lol

Skoggy ~ Please don't think that I am avoiding giving any thanks for the square you've shipped.  I'm not sure if it has arrived or not.  I am actually more than 750 miles from my home right now and have been since June 8th.  I'll get home on the 28th or 29th and promise to tackle my mail IMMEDIATELY!!  I have your square finished but finding the time between meetings to get to the post office in Dallas, TX  (gotta find it first) has proved challenging.  I may just see if the hotel can provide me with a puffy and then do the mailing for me...

I just wanted to let you know, Emma, that I haven't forgotten you!  I believe I also have an email to respond to.  I will do it - I promise!!  :)

Oh gosh! Its not a problem Christel. I have to admit, the square has not gone out yet because, and silly me for doing it, I asked my Mom to take to the post office because me and the girls have been ill. Chest infections, gastro issues and colds have been amoung us. I went to my Mom's yesterday and saw your square!!!! I asked her what it was doing there (I asked her to put it in the mail a day after my post about it) and all I got was "Oh... I forgot!". Grr, I got quite angry. But its going in the mail, by my own hand, tomorrow but it still might reach your home before you do. Sometimes the mail gets through REALLY quick, other times not so much.

Don't worry about the email. Just reply when you can. Its no bother. :hug

Well I tried to upload the pictures of the beautiful square that Janet sent me.  Seems I am unable too because it says the file is too big.  Never had this problem before so not sure how to fix it?  Can anyone help?  

Your puffy is going in the mail today.  As soon as I finish posting this I'm going to get it addressed and take it to the post office.  I've been worried about it all weekend, wishing the post office was open!  I hate that I've had to wait so long to get it done.

Emma, I hope you and your girls are all feeling better!  It's not easy when Mommy is well and kids are sick.  It's 1,000 times worse when Mommy is sick, too.

I think everyone has sent me their DCs/customs numbers, so thanks to all for making the mailing deadline. I can't wait to see these last squares in transit.

kittyloverdeb, I'm very tech unsavvy, but what I'd try is saving a copy of the photo as a separate little file, open it, reduce the size, save it and try uploading that version. There's probably some faster, easier way to do that, but I've not had that error message come up when I've been posting photos, so I haven't had to figure out how to work around it. Good luck!

Thanks!  That's what so weird, I've never had that either and it's the same size as other pictures I've posted before.  I'll see if I can figure it out tonight. 

I received my square today from crsheridan. Thank you so much! Its perfect. :hug

Edited by Skoggy

So sorry it was late.  It traveled all over the place before it got sent to you.  Made in Arkansas, drove to Texas, back to Arkansas, back to Texas, back to Arkansas and FINALLY in the mail to you.  I'm glad you like it.  I hope you'll let it relax a little bit it.  It's tired from all the extra travelling!  LOL