May Charity Get-Together: 5/16 - 5/21

Hey count me in.

I already made one granny square and plan to make more. I'm also going to use scrapbook supplies and make bookmarks.

Squares going to http://fromewetoyou.m.webs.com

Bookmarks going to RAK for Kids on ravelry

Will post pictures

Looks like wonderful causes. The bookmarks sound fun. I'd love to see a picture when you get the chance.

Cindy haven't started bookmarks yet. Just can't really figure them out. Not sure what adhesive to use. When I figure it out I'll definatly post pictures. I did make a square. The booties and hat you made are cute. Love the colors. Great choices.

The color is a darker turquoise than it shows in the pic.

post-51725-0-93782500-1369013227_thumb.jpg

Cindy haven't started bookmarks yet. Just can't really figure them out. Not sure what adhesive to use. When I figure it out I'll definatly post pictures. I did make a square. The booties and hat you made are cute. Love the colors. Great choices.

The color is a darker turquoise than it shows in the pic.

Pretty square and I really like the color. As for the bookmarks, I'd just try some Elmer's or maybe Modge Podge. I'm not a scrapbooker so not sure if you need to use something special but I'd just try the Elmer's first and see how it goes. Good luck.

HI, all.  I started a new prayer shawl last night.  It's the Persephone one and I really like it.  There's just one row that a little tricky and from then on it's smooth sailing.  I started it, frogged it, redid it with a bigger hook and am now on a roll.  Two more day's for this month's get-together.  :manyheart

I got two helmet caps done for the Warmth for Warriors. Just a plug if anyone is looking for a charity to craft for, we kicked off a 2013 hat drive for the Warmth of Warriors here. It's an on-going project if anyone in the future wants to crochet or knit hats for the troops.

I am not going to have a chance to do anymore crocheting for this charity blitz so I'm going to go ahead and post my numbers tonight.

2 sets of baby doll booties, 2 baby doll hats and 2 helmet caps for the troops.

Beautiful work, Cindy!  Thanks so much for participating. 

Those outfits are Gorgeous, Darski!  Wonderful work!

Pineknott, you and I were in the same boat this month.  I never even had yarn in my hand this time around.

Work = Yuk, and our new foster kittens moved from the bathroom to "at large" in the house.  Yarn doesn't stand a chance against 3, 7 week old kittens!

• 3 weeks later...

Our group may have been small in May but we got a lot of things done.

May Grand Totals:

2 sets of baby doll booties

2 baby doll hats

2 helmet liner caps

1 square

1 doll ensemble

3 hats

4 wheelchair bags

1 lapghan

added to 2 prayer shawls

:cheer   :cheer   :cheer   Way to go, everyone!!!!  :cheer   :cheer   :cheer

Archived