May Charity Get-Together: 5/16 - 5/21

Next week will mark the start of this month's get-together for charity.  The charity is of your choice, people and/or animals.  It's open to all crafters: knitters, crocheters, those who sew, or whatever.  The need is so big that I frequently feel like what I do is just a drop in the bucket and insignificant.  But when we get together and combine all our bits it's obvious that we do indeed make a difference.

Those of you who want to start a little early or finish up a little late, that's fine.  At the end of the get-together I ask that you post your totals in big, bold letters.  On the weekend I'll combine all of our efforts and post a combined list of our accomplishments.

Everyone is welcome whether this is your first time or you are a regular.  We love to see pictures of your work and chat about whatever is on your mind.  Looking forward to seeing you then.

I have squares all lined up to get working on also....I have to finish a baby project first, hopefully tonight. I also have quit a bit of baby yarn left over, I might do up a few hats or so too. 

Get Ready!  Get Set!  Tomorrow is GO!!!  I've got a prayer shawl to finish (it's half done, but with this pattern that still leaves a lot of crocheting to go.  Two of every three rows are single crochet!)  and a baby blanket to finish (still have 4 ten inch squares to make and then the assembly and border) so have plenty to keep me busy.

I was wondering if anyone remembers Galsgo Lindsay. She and her mother had a blog called the Granny Blanket Factory or something. She sort of disappeared and shut down her blog. Some say she went back to school and some say it was because her mother passed away. She made amazing afghans from bits and bobs she got at second hand stores. I don't know why I have been thinking about her so much lately. She's been gone for probably two years. Just wondered if anyone was in touch with her. She was always on this CAL.

: ) Denise

I just came to check on this ... I'll be working on a doll outfit this month.  it's something I have to get done and this focus week helps me to focus :rofl

Now back to the crochet hooks :wlol

I'm working on doll hats this morning. I have one done and started another one. I love that these little beanies are quick and easy.

A girl after my own heart :heart

Welcome everyone!  I'll be working on a prayer shawl today after running some errands.  It's nice to see all of you.  Sounds like there are lots of neat projects underway.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

I have 2 doll hats done today. I am working on a pair of doll booties now to go with one of the hats I completed today.

Cheering on everyone on their projects today and hope you all are having fun crocheting for charity tonight. :hook

I finished a pair of doll booties today to match the hat I completed yesterday. I am changing it up tonight and am crocheting a wool hat for the Warmth for Warriors group. I decided I needed a change from the baby doll items.

How is everyone doing tonight? Hope everyone is having a great Friday night crocheting...

I did a few rows on a lapghan yesterday and made 4 wheelchair bags this morning. Plan to work on the laphan some more today.

How is everyone else doing?

Making slow progress on the prayer shawl, which is to be expected since 2 of every 3 rows are done in single crochet.  :P   Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.  We had rain last night which left the air feeling fresh and clean and took the humidity way down.

Archived