Persephone Shawl CAL ~ Join anytime!

tiffer93

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here's a PDF, I think it's better to do it that way, so you can save & reference it offline. I didn't copy the pattern word for word, just tried to give you an idea of where the stitches need to go. Follow the pattern and just use the pictures to help you put the stitches in the right spot! If anything seems unclear, let me know! 

Persephone Photo Tutorial for CAL Rows 1-7.pdf

Ok here's a PDF, I think it's better to do it that way, so you can save & reference it offline. I didn't copy the pattern word for word, just tried to give you an idea of where the stitches need to go. Follow the pattern and just use the pictures to help you put the stitches in the right spot! If anything seems unclear, let me know! 

attachicon.gifPersephone Photo Tutorial for CAL Rows 1-7.pdf

Wow!  Thank you!

attachicon.gifPersephone Photo Tutorial for CAL Rows 1-7.pdf

This is fantastic!  Thank you!

post-43198-0-52208300-1368822388_thumb.jpgpost-43198-0-84505000-1368822504_thumb.jpgFirst..I love that office/yarn/craft store. I know for sure that you have a separate dwelling for all of those beauties.
Second...It is good to know that I am not the only one who struggled at the beginning of this shawl. I considered giving up, but hung in there and am so glad that I did.
Third...Tif you said it ended with a V stitch and began with a V stitch, but isn't the beginning a slip stitch then chain 4 then a dbl crochet, and then onto the actual row? That is how I have been doing it. 
I am hoping these pics come through. The color, and lighting is not so great but you all will get the idea.

Tiffany, that's an awesome office/craft room.  I've been meaning to start this shawl but today is the day to finally do so.  I'm using Fantasy Hand-spun Knitting Yarn.  It's in a gold metallic wrapped cream colored yarn and I'm using a size F hook.  I had to restart the first picot row, but other than that it's been pretty easy for me although I've been double checking with the pictures that with the pattern pretty closely.  I do think that I'm going to frog it and go up two sizes with the hook.  It's pretty dense and not very lacy.  I'll post a picture of the redo when I get a new battery for my camera, as mine is dead at the moment.  All the tips you've offered are right on target with what I did.

Okay, I'm back.  And I'm back to the point where I was the last time I posted.  I'm now using a size H hook and the result is much looser and lacier.  I'm much happier with the results.  Off to make some more progress. BBL

It measures  Just under 5 inches from the center to the point on row 9.

First off, let me apologize for not checking in this weekend, it was crazy around here. 

Second, beautiful job ladies! I wasn't able to work on mine with the kiddos home & we had birthday parties & the like all weekend.... but it made it to about 10" long last I measured ....

Third, and most importantly, my heart is so heavy tonight after hearing of the tragic devastation in Moore, OK ... I can't keep my tears held back. I can't even fathom the pain the parents of the children  :angel  at the elementary school there are feeling. So I ask that we all say our prayers for them and all of those in the path of destruction.  :cry  :worried  :sigh

Way to go GrannyAnnie!  I reached 9 inches last night before calling it quits.

Thank you. Your doing great too! 

Mine is at 8 1/2 inches right now. I havent been able to work on it for a few days. To many WIPs. Eany meany miney moe

607A0B5C-orig.jpg

Looking good!!!

First off, let me apologize for not checking in this weekend, it was crazy around here. 

Second, beautiful job ladies! I wasn't able to work on mine with the kiddos home & we had birthday parties & the like all weekend.... but it made it to about 10" long last I measured ....

Third, and most importantly, my heart is so heavy tonight after hearing of the tragic devastation in Moore, OK ... I can't keep my tears held back. I can't even fathom the pain the parents of the children  :angel  at the elementary school there are feeling. So I ask that we all say our prayers for them and all of those in the path of destruction.  :cry  :worried  :sigh

No need to apologize Tiff, you have a lot going on, we all do. Yours is coming along great too! The tragedy in Moore, OK has had me in tears also. My heart aches for those people. I have been praying for them and will continue to do so.

Like you Tiffany I can not imagine the pain of the parents. It makes heart hurt to think of it. I was watching the news yesterday afternoon and saw the lady who thought she had lost her dog. It was so very touching when the pup came crawling out from under the rubble of her house. I guess it shows us there is always hope.

I have had to put my shawl aside this week. I have an order for pot holders that look like vegetables. The pattern came from Annie's, and is horrible. It seems like 1/2 the instructions are missing.  I am tempted to put it to the side and go back to my shawl.

Everyone has beautiful yarn to make this shawl. The yarn I have is from Webbs and is a pima cotton. 

Have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day. Please remember our veterans. 

I was able to do a few rows tonight! :) It's coming along. I worked on it while me & hubby were catching up on some shows from the DVR. My BABY graduates 3rd grade today! I just don't know where time slips off to... very bittersweet! 

I need more hands. LOL I have more to do than I can get done anytime soon and altho that isn't a complaint, I sort of wish that I was not doing *quite* as well this month as far as orders go! I had to stop taking any new ones and it may be into the first part of June before I even begin to catch up. In between the projects I have to work on are the ones I want to work on and I need to find that happy medium quickly. It isn't helping that my sleep schedule is all goofed up and now I am up all night and sleeping half the day. I think I need a vacation! 

Still hurts me to turn on the news, so very sad! I too have been praying with my stitches in hopes of alleviating at least some of the pain from those poor families! And, praying that I can get a storm cellar dug in the very near future! 

I was able to do a few rows tonight! :) It's coming along. I worked on it while me & hubby were catching up on some shows from the DVR. My BABY graduates 3rd grade today! I just don't know where time slips off to... very bittersweet! 

I need more hands. LOL I have more to do than I can get done anytime soon and altho that isn't a complaint, I sort of wish that I was not doing *quite* as well this month as far as orders go! I had to stop taking any new ones and it may be into the first part of June before I even begin to catch up. In between the projects I have to work on are the ones I want to work on and I need to find that happy medium quickly. It isn't helping that my sleep schedule is all goofed up and now I am up all night and sleeping half the day. I think I need a vacation! 

Still hurts me to turn on the news, so very sad! I too have been praying with my stitches in hopes of alleviating at least some of the pain from those poor families! And, praying that I can get a storm cellar dug in the very near future! 

I'm so happy for you that your business is doing so well, but please be careful that you don't burn yourself out.  I know the feeling/been there, done that!  It's not good, lol.  I, also, am having a hard time watching the news.  Every time I turn on the tv, there is more news about the devestation.  I hope you can get a storm cellar dug soon too! :hug

Tiffany I am worried about you. Between the overworking you are doing to yourself  and the caffeine  and the energy things I am concerned that you might end up with some with adrenal fatigue. I am including a link to some information about this. Please read it. I am only thinking of your health. 

http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/c/299905/100571/caffeine?ic=2602

I am enjoying all of the progress of the shawls. I am about to give up on carrots. They are my favorite vegetable, but they are a bugger to make.

Trudy, no worries, :hug I am not going to be irresponsible and go overboard. I complain once in a while (read as A LOT), but I only do as much as I can do physically & mentally ... when I get overwhelmed I quit and take a few days off. If folks can't understand I am not a machine, well I don't need their business anyway! 99% of the people out there understand I'm just one person! I am drinking the energy drink Java Monster Loca Moca but I limit it to one per day and I haven't been drinking soda or other caffeinated drinks with it, mostly water & decaf tea. My persona tells me I should do more but I am listening to my body & letting it guide me. Yesterday, I started a limited/eliminated gluten type diet (nothing official, just nothing with wheat in it) and already today I feel 10x better. So maybe now my focus will come back and I won't feel like I'm not doing enough work... 

I honestly think that the problems I have been having, that I thought were related to the Lyme disease I had when I was younger are more closely related to gluten intolerance. We shall see! I know waking up 2 lbs lighter didn't hurt my feelings today and I wasn't all swollen like I usually am. 

Good to hear that you're being careful and taking care of yourself Tiffany.  We care about you and worry about you! :hug   It's amazing what a little gluten can do.  So many people have a sensativity to it and it's in just about everything.  WTG on the 2 lbs loss!

Archived