Help with Chevron Baby Afghan Flaring - Single Stitch

CraftyChrysti

Question

I need some help with figuring out why this is happening. I am making a baby afghan  for a close friend who just had a baby an afghan for her little man. I found this website that shows how to do this pattern, but for some reason as I the blanket gets longer the sides flare out and it becomes increasingly wider. I am going to go see her baby for the first time in about a week so I need to figure this out quick. The picture I took of the blanket shows exactly what is happening. Please help me find a solution...Thanks! :yes

post-67254-0-63444300-1367521363_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

It looks like you are adding additional stitches at the end or beginning of the rows. Are you crocheting into the very 1st stitch after the turning chain? If you are you should actually skip that stitch. The turning chain acts as the stitch there.

Be sure to count your stitches. Just by looking it looks as though you are definitely adding stitches on the first and last parts of each row. From reading that pattern just make sure that you have 14 stitches on the down slope on each end.

Archived