I would love to have some help in making my 34 year old daughter a comfortghan.

niqitabug

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:no you people are making me crazy  :lol

I am getting there I have almost all the soft white crocheted working on the lattice in purple now then joining another soft white lattice  :P my wrist get pretty sore after awhile so it takes time just you all hold your hooks it is getting there. :ty

:no you people are making me crazy  :lol

I am getting there I have almost all the soft white crocheted working on the lattice in purple now then joining another soft white lattice  :P my wrist get pretty sore after awhile so it takes time just you all hold your hooks it is getting there. :ty

:lol

Well, we are just all eye candy addicts, and when we see or hear of a work in progress, we don't rest, till we see a pic!!! Its the crochetway. lol      anytime is fine, don't put your wrist out, or anything, we are all just dying to see how it all comes together, as we all feel we had a little bit of a part in it, lol     Keep us updated!

Wow ~ niqitabug, you are amazing!  :2eek  I can't believe you've been able to make such progress! I remember when my sister was undergoing cancer treatment last year. I felt like I barely had time to breathe. :blink  Like the others, though, I look forward to seeing the afghan, especially with your finishing techniques.   :hook

Most importantly, I hope DeAnna and your family are doing okay. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.   :sun

Wow ~ niqitabug, you are amazing!  :2eek  I can't believe you've been able to make such progress! I remember when my sister was undergoing cancer treatment last year. I felt like I barely had time to breathe. :blink  Like the others, though, I look forward to seeing the afghan, especially with your finishing techniques.   :hook

Most importantly, I hope DeAnna and your family are doing okay. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.   :sun

I am also dealing with my son who decided to move in which is fine long story there but to make it asshort as i can he lived with his dad till after graduation in 2011 then went to boot camp at fort benning then came back for two weeks the went to ait in virginia then came back and his dad's conservetor decides to kick him out while he is going to college full time and working full time so it went to court and it is counted as a eviction notice now tell me how can you be evicted from your dads house and don't pay rent so anyway he moves in with his girlfriend and her parents they live in mn i live in wisc. well that got old with her parents so he has tried to get into 4 different places and they all turn him down he explains the whole thing to the people but it dont do no good he even told them he would pay them for a whole years rent in advance (he has the money! and still they all refuse him so then mom gets the phone call can i move in with you? of corse you can so they both are here which is fine the poor guy works 2 jobs school full time plus he is in the military and goes to drills one weekend a month! there enough ranting back to hooking :chook  :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!  I am finally ready to send your squares on Tuesday.  I hope you can still use them :)

I still have not received the squares in the mail they must have really gotten lost :no   :cry  so I am going to go ahead and put the rest of DeAnna's  afghan together :yay  i can always add another row if they ever find their way to Wisconsin from California! lol :lol

Hi!  Did you finally get my squares?  At the very least, you should have the second package.   :hug

I got the 3 squares today! I love the one with the butterfly crocheted right into the square thank you soooo much  :hug

:ty

I got the 3 squares today! I love the one with the butterfly crocheted right into the square thank you soooo much  :hug

:ty

Finally a successful delivery, lol.  I'm glad you liked them.  You are welcome.  Prayers for you and your family :hug

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a set back my daughter has ended up with a staff infection in her hand from the chemo iv she kept telling the Mayo nurse it didn't feel right something waqs wrong she ended up in the hospital with hand surgery for that what a mess then we had to go every day for treatments for that now we are back on chemo treatments tomorrow aghan is still in the getting joined stage but coming along :manyheart

:clap

I'm so sorry to hear about the staph infection! Why don't some of these medical people LISTEN when we say something's not right? I hope she's feeling better and that this didn't set her back too much.

During one of my platelet donations, I felt like something was wrong and my arm was hurting. I told the nurse this and he said that the anti-coagulant sometimes has that effect. I had to tell him AGAIN that it was getting worse. He came over and realized that the needle was no longer in the vein, so the anticoagulant was just going wherever. Not a big deal, healthwise.. But I was scared because he wasn't listening to me and I KNEW something wasn't right. ...Anyway. What happened was he (the nurse) wasn't paying attention and he bumped the table that my arm was on. No apologies, either, when I told him that's what happened. He tried to say that I moved my arm. (Uh... Not!) Since then I have not donated, partly out of fear of getting that nurse again! He was a little bit clutzy, even as I watched him move around the room with other donors.  :sweat  

Thank you for sharing an update about your daughter. Give her my best! And I hope you are all doing okay.  :ghug 

Oh, no!  I've had bad, bad staph infections on my legs and was hospitalized three days for one.  It's the worst pain in the world.  We are our best advocates.  We really must speak up and fight when we know something is wrong.  I've been in that position of advocating for my mother, youngest brother, grandmother... and we were always right.  Hospital personnel become so jaded that they think that everyone is malingering; so it's our responsibility to speak up and make them take a second, closer look, even a third look.  I pray that your daughter fares better from now on.  My prayers for you and your family.

:hug

Maria

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to inform you all but my daughter DeAnna passed away November 22, 2014 . She decided enough was enough and after all the chemo treatments she had the final treatment was not enough she had such a rare cancer Mayo did not even know what to do as long as she was on the high doses of chemo it kept the cancer at bay but soon as the treatment was over the cancer came back at a full forces and attacked her whole body. She took it upon her self with the help of her boyfriend that she has had enough of it there is no fighting left in her so she decided to stop eating and drinking. I was not aware of this they called me said she had a appointment  I took her up admitted her into the hospital hoping iv fluids would help (me being a mom) but she was so dehydrated that they were giving her iv fluids at full force well she came to long enough to ask who put me in here this is not what I wanted! then we had a family meeting decided to follow her through with her wishes and took her off everything and let nature takes it place she was gone the next morning. :( She is no longer in pain as she is a free butterfly exploring with her new wings. I had her cremated and have her with me. this summer some of the ashes will be spread at a few of her favorite places and family members will have a necklace/keychain with her ashes secured for their well being. Her last post on facebook read: Remember me in your hearts don't dwell on the loss just focus on the present not the past. this isn't goodbye ill c u when u get up here so never bye always later. RIP My lovely daughter / best friend DeAnna  October 18,1978 to November 22,2013. 

Archived