I would love to have some help in making my 34 year old daughter a comfortghan.

niqitabug

She was just diagnosed with lung,liver and kidney cancer! She is loosing all her hair I have made her several beanies already. Her favorite colors are purple and light blue and loves butterflies. She is a single mom to a 14 year old son. I would like the squares be about 8 inches any help would greatly be appericiated :manyheart  pm me if you could help out you lovly people helped out so much with my mom's that it was heart breaking to see her cry over it knowing that there are so many caring people around the world that helped me with that afghan Alaska east coast west coast and north and south the response was so over welming and I had formed a special bond with my mailman.If you can help pm me for my address. Thank you!  :ty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was just diagnosed with lung,liver and kidney cancer! She is loosing all her hair I have made her several beanies already. Her favorite colors are purple and light blue and loves butterflies. She is a single mom to a 14 year old son. I would like the squares be about 8 inches any help would greatly be appericiated :manyheart  pm me if you could help out you lovly people helped out so much with my mom's that it was heart breaking to see her cry over it knowing that there are so many caring people around the world that helped me with that afghan Alaska east coast west coast and north and south the response was so over welming and I had formed a special bond with my mailman.If you can help pm me for my address. Thank you!  :ty

Oh I am so sorry to hear of this. Please count me in, and if it is alright, .. Please consider putting your name and preferences on our list, just go to link below, Granny Square Friendship ghan, and send me out your preferences by pm, Im sure a lot of us there, would be glad to help. and we do not require you to send, to receive......good luck to you and yours....

Oh my goodness ~ what a scary time for all of you. And I'm sorry to hear this news. You are all in my prayers. My sister went through breast cancer and just had reconstructive surgery earlier this year. It is amazing how far the medical field has advanced with cancer treatments/options. New things are being discovered every day. Hugs and positive thoughts to all of you.

I will participate, also. I am searching for pretty 8" square patterns and will need to shop for some of your daughters favorite colors.

Is there anything I can do for her son? If there's any token of comfort I can provide for him, please send me a PM. In the mean time, I'll be thinking on it...

HI sissy!  What size do you want?   And she likes butterflies right?  So if someone could send me a pattern of a butterfly motif   I would greatly appreciate it! :cheer

Hi Brenda,

Just a note to let you know, four squares are on their way today, in a very fat puffy, lol Hope you can use them for dd's comfortghan, and thank you for letting me help in even this small way...Im wondering too, if the son could use a comfort ghan, and therefor more squares, just shout out, if you decide, ok, thanks................katie!

Hi! :waving... Just giving an update... I have 2 squares ready for you, and plan to get 2 more done this week. :yarn I'm also working on something for your daughter and your grandson. I *hope* to have the package in the mail by this Friday. Should be doable!   :tup

I have received 8 squares so far plus i have made 8 of my own plus I am making one from my son in camo since he is in the Military then one in colors yet to be determined by my other daughter.

Archived