CPC Website

charkitty

I don't know what the timeframe is for adding new patterns to CPC, but I do know it's definitely not twice a week. And that Cute Turkey 'featured pattern of the week' has been listed since before Thanksgiving! It's time for a change!

All I can say is....Rachel, I miss you so much!

Sorry, had to vent. I'll take my meds now. lol!

charkitty

Actually they are updating their patterns but not indicating when they do so. I happned to check this morning and there are new patterns added but the date is still the same.

Yes, we miss Rachel but hope that she is enjoying her time now.

LI Roe

• 4 weeks later...

The pattern updates seem to have stopped completely for at least three weeks.    I wondered if anyone knows the future plans for this site.   It was such a treasure under Rachel’s management and would be a great loss to the online crochet community if it were not longer  updated.

It was such a treasure under Rachel’s management

I completely agree!

would be a great loss to the online crochet community if it were not longer  updated.

I actually disagree.  Since the change over, I no longer go there.  Can't stand the site.

Ravelry is so much better and updated every single day.  I know a lot of members here don't like it but it really is a great site with lots of patterns and info.  Not to mention Crochetville has the pattern section now, too.

The site bears absolutely no resemblance to Rachel's wonderful one. I know that ads are a necessary evil, but I can't even navigate through all the commercial stuff  Maybe I'm just not smart enough to find what I'm looking for!. I too depend on ravelry for patterns, and hope it doesn't ever get similarly ruined.

I know that ads are a necessary evil, but I can't even navigate through all the commercial stuff  Maybe I'm just not smart enough to find what I'm looking for!.

It's not that you aren't smart.  The web designers aren't.  If a website is hard to navigate, it is a bad design.  I get the need for ads however they should not be so intrusive that you can't find what you came to the site for.

Thanks LI Roe.  I must have posted my inquiry just before the updates were posted.  

I too am disappointed in the way CPC is being maintained and I don’t like the current interface at all.  I hope that the new management will hit their stride after they have had additional experience with the site. If the site is not adequately updated then I fear the links in the existing Pattern Directory will soon fall into disrepair and that will be a loss.

I agree with Empress Busy Bee that Ravelry is a very good site that has lots of useful information and provides new content every day.  For the very latest hot projects, designs, colors and styles I will go to Ravelry first.  I just believe that more than one or two search tools adds value to pattern seekers as each  directory has its own focus and methodology.   Sometimes more really is more.

The CPC Pattern Directory Rachel compiled has performed well as a thoughtful collection of patterns providing a solid overview of crochet designs over a fairly long period in time.  It has been especially valuable for accessing patterns only to be found on a blog and not reposted by the blogger elsewhere.  Old salts like me also appreciate that it can used to locate old standbys and favorite vintage projects and those new to crochet often observe that the content is not too overwhelming in volume.  Sometimes less is more.  Vive la différence.

Archived