This could get ugly

TheKnottyMale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

You could make a custom handle with polymer clay. I did that with all of my old hooks.  You just bake it in the oven a few minutes.  You can make any thickness or shape you wanted.  You can even squeeze it in your hand slightly to make it shape to your hand.  Your work is beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

I did give this a try quite a few years ago. I didn't have good luck with it. The clay stayed on the hook for only a short time before it started to break off. I watched a video that Carol Ventura had posted that explained the process of making one. Since then, a guy here at the Ville (CrochetDad) mentioned that he had wrapped thin wire all around his hook before applying the clay. I would like to give that a try sometime, but who knows when I'll finally get around to doing it. There just never seems to be enough time to do all the things I'd like to.

You could make a custom handle with polymer clay. I did that with all of my old hooks.  You just bake it in the oven a few minutes.  You can make any thickness or shape you wanted.  You can even squeeze it in your hand slightly to make it shape to your hand.  Your work is beautiful.

The hook size is just my personal preference. When I was a beginner, I started out with a G hook and have just gradually worked my way down over the years. They look the best when they are crocheted tightly. They are so nice and stiff that I don't even have to block them when they are done. I didn't block the mulit-colored bag OR the piggy bag either. I guess you could say that the material is thick and denim-like... I guess.

I just finished another increase round on the bag. I will work 6 more rounds and then increase one more time. From that point i'll be working about 20 rounds before I switch over to different colors. And if I remember correctly, the new colors are worked for about 8 or 10 rounds. There is still just a tiny bit of arcing, but I really think it will work it's way out. From looking at what I see, I wish I had worked about 4 more rounds of base before I began working the graph of the tapestry bag pattern.

Actually, I've been looking for a hat pattern in this style! Really,

• 8 months later...

Dear Bob,

as I can see, as we can see,

your bag turned out as a great art work.

It is important to work tapestry crochet, that I really love, as tight as possible,

even better with a shiny-mercerized cotton.

Really, you made a great piece.

God bless you,

Daniela ^__^

• 8 months later...

Archived