Crochet-Along Challenge: Vote in Poll for Final Pattern Selection

Amy

FINAL Selection: CAL Challenge Shawl Pattern  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Select the shawl pattern listed below that you would most like us to do for the CAL Challenge. Links to patterns in first post of thread.

• Have a Heart
    • Lorelei
    • Simply Irresistible
    • Triangles
    • Oasis Wrap
    • Magnificent Mantle
    • French Blue
    • Persephone
    • Bowtie Pi
    • Graceful Shell

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2 that I like the most out of what's been posted already are the Magnificent Mantel one and the Seraphina's one.  I started to look some up, but there's just too much there and I don't have the time to filter through :(

would it be possible to please  have direct links rather than cluttering up with open browser windows?

I fixed my post as I could.  The ravelry links with the projects gives an idea of what different yarn weights have been used with a particular pattern already.

Lots of fun seeing what patterns everyone comes up with!!

My personal favorite is from the "Diamond Trellis Afghan" (Coats & Clark).  I've made several by repeating the pattern rows 5 times, sometimes in a solid color, sometimes in multi pastel colors.  You can find the pattern on CPC.

I fixed my post as I could.  The ravelry links with the projects gives an idea of what different yarn weights have been used with a particular pattern already.

Lots of fun seeing what patterns everyone comes up with!!

Aside from the extra windows that have to be opened my dislike of ravelry :headache:thumbdown:yuck :yuck :yuck  does affect my view of said links :rofl :rofl :rofl

My goodness, you've all been busy! I'm going to have my hands full comparing all the different gorgeous shawls that have been linked so far!

If the first CAL Challenge is a success, we can always do other ones.

As far as the links, it's the forum software that makes links open up in new windows. I prefer new windows to tabs, but I know lots of others prefer tabs to windows. Donna and I will need to check to see if opening in new tabs or the same window is an option, and then discuss which of the available methods we feel is best overall for forum function.

I too prefer a  new windows, but each person is going to be different.

I am really looking to pick a pattern that is challenging, not just run of the mill.  But will be happy just making a shawl with my friends in the end.

:ghug

I just want to say that I am eagerly watching this thread. I've never made a shawl before but want to make one for my Stepmom for Xmas so this CAL would be perfect! There have been so many lovely ones linked so far, I can't say which I like best! :lol

I just want to say that I am eagerly watching this thread. I've never made a shawl before but want to make one for my Stepmom for Xmas so this CAL would be perfect! There have been so many lovely ones linked so far, I can't say which I like best! :lol

I'm sitting back and watching as well - there have been so many great patterns posted so far!  I've just finished my first 2 shawls (blocking today!) and I'll admit I'm hooked.   I'm pushing to get through some A priority projects, then I'm going to play with designing one (or maybe more...)  :-)

Hi there, I have not taken part in a CAL in a very long time, but I like the idea of a shawl challenge, can't wait to see which pattern is chosen, so I will be watching this thread also.

Vote for 1 of the 10 Pattern Semfinalists for the CAL Shawl Challenge

NOTE: Please vote on the poll by midnight central time on Friday, May 3. The winning pattern will be whichever one has the most votes at the close of the poll. If two or more patterns share the same number of highest votes, I'll break the tie.

Thanks for submitting such wonderful patterns for us to consider! I really wanted to narrow it down to 5 or 6, but I just couldn't eliminate some of these. So there are 10 free shawl patterns for your consideration.

Everyone who participates will make the same pattern, but you're encouraged to experiment with different colors, different yarns fibers, different yarn weights, whatever you want to do with the pattern. If pattern modification is your thing, change the pattern up to suit yourself.

The whole point of the project is to see the number of variations we can come up with. I will start a new thread for the actual CAL Challenge on May 4. Please post pictures of your finished items in that thread so I can share them on our Facebook page.

1. Have a Heart Shawl
  2. Lorelei Shawl
  3. Simply Irresistible Shawl
  4. Triangles Shawl
  5. Oasis Wrap
  6. Magnificent Mantle
  7. French Blue Shawl
  8. Persephone
  9. Bowtie Pi
  10. Graceful Shell

You can also see this list of patterns at the top of the first post in this thread.

It's very hard to pick! I'm just glad I don't have to select just one unless there's a tie! :)

Feel free to talk up your favorite shawl and why you think we should make that particular pattern. Maybe you'll convince others to vote for it!

It's going to be hard to decide. I've got it down to four, partly from discarding ones that aren't worsted weight which is my personal preference.

Oasis wrap

Graceful shell

Magnificent mantel

Lorelei shawl

Archived