help with pattern: 1ch, miss 1ch

Alexandra Young

Question

hello!

i hope someone can help me :) Im relatively new at crochet, i had learnt when i was little and then only started back up again recently (after 20 years)

im making a baby blanket for our nephew and i have run into a bit of a confusing bit of the pattern, its for a 'pineapple square blanket' its completed in rounds, sort of like a granny square, in treble crochet,

the part that i am stuck with, after starting my fourth round the pattern says:

Ss into next 2ch sp, 5 ch, 3tr into same ch sp,  * 1ch, miss 1ch, ** V st into next 2ch sp, rep from * twice more then from * to ** once more, 2tr into next sp, ss into 3rd of 5ch

i am happy with the first and last part of the instructions, it is the '1ch, miss 1ch' that is confusing me. the whole pattern has been done through the spaces so i dont know how to go about missing a chain...

if someone knows of a video where they do the whole 1ch, miss 1ch' thing or anything similar that would be amazing, otherwise if someone could talk me through it, that would be GREAT!!

thanks so much xx

4 answers to this question

Hi, welcome to the ville :hook

OK, the pattern says "Ss into next 2ch sp, 5 ch, 3tr into same ch sp,"  so all of that is done into the same chain space.  

Then "* 1ch, miss 1ch, ** V st into next 2ch sp"  so next there should be a chain1 space on the previous row which you skip over, then in the following chain2 space you do the v stitch.  

Does that work?  

Archived